Joe Hart - Signed for Spurs

Charlie George

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

no idea if hart is the answer or not. we do need a good keeper though,  it's a position that has cost us in the past 18 months. 

Avoid. When you are on a downward spiral like he is, there is often no way back. He's been at the very top. To motivate himself for the Championship when he is already a multi millionaire, it would take an exceptional person. I haven't seen any indication that he can begin to move his career in the right direction.  

Joe Hart strikes me as a GK capable of playing up to and beyond the age of 40. This could be a very smart move because we may yet have seen the best from him. 

His record speaks for itself too. One of the best GK's the Premier League has seen. We can get him on a free and his stock could go up to £10m easy off one good season. 

If we can afford him then definitely sign him ( if we are going to play football again) 

we signed Shilton who was much older I think 

he can catch a cross and save shots and has rather a lot of experience of winning and we would win the league with him in goal 

i would assume Huddlestone will be leaving so his wages would easily be covered for Hart if we chose this route 

a big yes for me ( if we play football) 

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Avoid. When you are on a downward spiral like he is, there is often no way back. He's been at the very top. To motivate himself for the Championship when he is already a multi millionaire, it would take an exceptional person. I haven't seen any indication that he can begin to move his career in the right direction.  

The money means nothing.just listen to his interviews of late he is dying to play football.id deffo take if for nothing more than he is sooo much better than we have.GKs dont tend to hit prime time early 30s.

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Rooney went from Man Utd to Everton to the MLS. He’s turning out OK.

1 hour ago, Ramslaar said:

The money means nothing.just listen to his interviews of late he is dying to play football.id deffo take if for nothing more than he is sooo much better than we have.GKs dont tend to hit prime time early 30s.

OK, let's look at it another way. Pep got rid, Beacuse he wanted a ball playing keeper. Cocu wants a ball playing keeper. 

Whichever way, Hart is not a good fit for the Rams. 

30 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

OK, let's look at it another way. Pep got rid, Beacuse he wanted a ball playing keeper. Cocu wants a ball playing keeper. 

I think 'Pep' wanted the best ball playing top keeper in the world. Hart's distribution was pretty good, just not the best. Not sure we are in the same market as Man City for a ball playing golalkeeper?

12 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Could not disagree more.remember there is different levels of ball playing GK and i dont care what anyone says hart would be a huge upgrade on what we have and without spending 10mil plus i dont think you would get a better keeper.from the mistakes alone this season hart would be worth at least an extra 15-20 points.this also doesnt take into account what a strong commanding GK  would do to our defenders.a good GK is worth as much as a top striker.

14 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I think Cocu wants a keeper who catches crosses save shots and gives the ball to our players - premiership winner, Many England caps - why wouldn’t we want him 

2 hours ago, Ramslaar said:

Could not disagree more.remember there is different levels of ball playing GK and i dont care what anyone says hart would be a huge upgrade on what we have and without spending 10mil plus i dont think you would get a better keeper.from the mistakes alone this season hart would be worth at least an extra 15-20 points.this also doesnt take into account what a strong commanding GK  would do to our defenders.a good GK is worth as much as a top striker.

Totally agree apart from winning us an extra 15-20 points - probably 10- 12 over a normal season which is still a huge amount 

Goalkeepers, like all players, will go through dips in confidence.

What Hart needs is a prolonged run in a first team and the support of a loyal crowd. If we start ironic cheering when he catches the ball or boots it into touch, he may get flaky again.

We have a real chance (assuming the financials work) to bring in not only a good keeper, but also someone who will help command the defence.

I hope it happens.

If it is on a free and the wages wouldn’t be a huge issue except from a policy point of view

He’s good, better than we’ve got and 33 is kind of the right age for a goalie somehow.

I’d be delighted 

As a footnote .. isn’t it great exchanging views about footy instead of virus politics ?? lets have Joe ?

Hart could probably be about 10% as good as he was at his peak and he will still be better than Hamer or Roos. 

I don’t even think goalie is a huge problem position but Hart would still be a massive upgrade. You don’t get ‘great’ all round keepers at this level unless you get lucky like Sheff United did with Henderson. The best at the minute is David Raya and he is even more of a fanny when it comes to crosses than either of our two.

Anyway, I can’t see us dropping the sort of wages it would take to get him in. I reckon we are in a huge mess financially. If we can sell one of the golden boys with a loan back, we might be okay.

Archived