Max Bird

JfR

19 minutes ago, Squid said:

5 million deal close to completion apparently from a couple of sources, duck sake.

Will actually be pissed off if he goes Chelsea, first of all he deserves better and second of all I don’t want him to rot away in the reserves.

Are they reliable sources? And is the fee realistic? It seems a little low to me. Didn't Forest sell someone to a German club for something like £13 million a couple of years ago after half a dozen games?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 million for Bird and we may as well just give up as a football club.

9 million for both Hughes and Bird 20 years after selling Seth Johnson for 9 million, nope I dont like that.

Current circumstances might dictate what fees clubs are willing to spend, but I'd be pretty miffed if we sold our most exciting young player for a million more than the compensation received from Chelsea for Frank.

Neither Chelsea, or Frank, did us any favours with loans and we shouldn't do the same.

It would be a shocking move for Bird, he wouldnt make it with them, but they will know they have Commodity that they could keep loaning to championship clubs and make money out of.

Tell Chelsea where to stick it!

I really hope this is just paper talk. £4.8 million for our brightest young star is an absolute joke and will leave a very bad taste in the mouth. Even one more season under his belt and he'll be worth several times that figure. I'm just praying it's a non-story.

I can't see that Cocu, Rooney or Max himself will want this move but I'm becoming increasingly concerned it'll happen. Unfortunately I can see the cash rich clubs picking over the bones of all the others as a result of this feckin virus. A lot of clubs will be hurting financially right now and if this deal goes through, then we are clearly one such club. 

Hope this is a non starter.  Brings me back to Simon Jordan saying Derby should have a caveat about our young players going to Chelsea when Lampard left, as he'd had access to them for a year and would be trying to cherry pick the better ones on the cheap at some point.  Knows what he's talking about

Personally, I would rather wash my face with Jemma Collins arse flannel after a workout than have any dealings with Lampard and his limpets.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Hope this is a non starter.  Brings me back to Simon Jordan saying Derby should have a caveat about our young players going to Chelsea when Lampard left, as he'd had access to them for a year and would be trying to cherry pick the better ones on the cheap at some point.  Knows what he's talking about

Personally, I would rather wash my face with Jemma Collins arse flannel after a workout than have any dealings with Lampard and his limpets.

Excellent poetic analogy but possibly too soon after lunch. 

Mel could be struggling for cash.

on the other hand, bird, knight, and sibley are the foundation we have been waiting for. Don’t muck it up now ffs. 

If we sell a talented youngster for bugger all again, we need ####ing. What’s the point in building the academy and it’s reputation to sell a very talented youngster for so little. 
Look at other Championship sides Brentford, Leeds, Red Dogs, Boro to name a few, do they sell on the cheap ??‍♂️??‍♂️
It appears we do t know the value of a player whether buying or selling, we must be seen as a soft touch by all other clubs. 

20 hours ago, Charlie George said:

Signing Prior as Dailly's replacement was the beginning of the end. That was time to get a top class replacement,but we signed a squad player who could cover 8-10 games for injury and suspension. We went backwards from that moment onwards.

I always remember Eranio's quote "Spencer, why you kick the ball in the stands Spencer, no players in the stands Spencer!"

If there is any truth in this and it’s a big if then it just highlights how much football finance has changed recently and remember there is basically no season ticket money available to pay the players - we are where we are - Mel is a uk taxpayer unlike people like the Bristol city owner who is a tax exile 

The club must be on its arse. 

I know the links to the £30m 'investment' which turned out to be a loan were worrying, but this just adds to the desperation. I can imagine the club is in a desperate position at the moment, as are a lot of EFL clubs in particular, so it wouldn't be surprising if we're just cashing our chips in before another club gets chance to cash in their young player to plug their own losses. 

It's quite possible we don't see a 20/21 season, potentially finishing the 19/20 season when we get chance and then preparing for the euros, so this could be the first of many to come. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The club must be on its arse. 

I know the links to the £30m 'investment' which turned out to be a loan were worrying, but this just adds to the desperation. I can imagine the club is in a desperate position at the moment, as are a lot of EFL clubs in particular, so it wouldn't be surprising if we're just cashing our chips in before another club gets chance to cash in their young player to plug their own losses. 

It's quite possible we don't see a 20/21 season, potentially finishing the 19/20 season when we get chance and then preparing for the euros, so this could be the first of many to come. 

Every non Prem club must be on its arse.

If footy doesn't come back, we must see across the board a wage cap coming in just for clubs to survive. 

According to 'Mail online', Chelsea are 'in the driving seat to sign Derby's young mid fielder, Max Bird'.  Typical southern based press, bigging up their own clubs.  They seem to forget that Max is and will for the foreseeable future, be a Derby player.  I'm hoping this is bulls**t, to sell Max for £5m would be giving him away, don't allow this to happen Mell!  We owe Lampard and Chelsea absolutely nothing, the way they have treated our club in the receny past was nothing short of an absolute disgrace!

20 hours ago, Andicis said:

For all of Lampard's PR spin about how much he likes Derby, he's not really shown it has he? Circling our best young talent, ditched us as soon as he possibly could. Fraud. 

You can possibly make arguments about leaving us after a season and dragging it out last summer, but he's now paid very good money by Chelsea to do a job. If he thinks Max Bird is the right signing for Chelsea, then we shouldn't even come into his thinking. He has to do what's best for his club.

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You can possibly make arguments about leaving us after a season and dragging it out last summer, but he's now paid very good money by Chelsea to do a job. If he thinks Max Bird is the right signing for Chelsea, then we shouldn't even come into his thinking. He has to do what's best for his club.

Sure, would just prefer it if he dropped the pretense of being bothered about Derby when it's evident he is not.

The only way Bird would leave is if we're absolutely desperate for cash, to the point of life & death. I don't believe he'd go even to balance us for FFP as it would run so contradictory to the club's stated aim of developing Academy talent - we'd find another way.

I suspect the player himself would recognise that a) he's much more likely to develop playing first team football here & b) developing under the tutelage of Cocu & Rooney, 2 world class players in their day. Am sure Rooney will have had a word with him too.

Am reasonably confident its nonsense paper talk - they've got nothing to fill their rags with at the minute so Lampard + young talent at Derby = a pretty easy headline.

Archived