Max Bird

JfR

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Did Lamps play him again after the Villa away game?

Not sure but being at that game I came away thinking that I couldn’t see him making it looked very poor like all that day but just didn’t look strong enough, then went through such a tough time losing his dad and he’s came back in the side and been unbelievable 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two thoughts:

1) I’d be surprised if Mel hadn’t agreed as part of the deal letting Frank leave with his (Mel’s) blessing, that he couldn’t come back for our players for ex-amount of time. Maybe it was only a year.

2) Max Is still very young and only played relatively few games in the Championship. I’d have thought even he would see that another year playing alongside and learning from Rooney is eminently more preferable to the prospect of maybe occasionally warming the bench at Chelsea next season.

Let's face it, there isn't a lot to report in the world of football at the moment, so probably lazy journalism. Easy to make the link, especially as Max is really finding his feet and becoming a high profile prospect.

As has already been said, he is still young and the lure of Chelsea would be difficult for a young lad to turn down, however if he has any sense he would also be able to see that he would be in for a good few years of loan seasons.

Chelsea still have a lot of money to burn at the moment and would still go out and buy the best players, so a young lad would have to be something very special to break through there.

Having said that, if Lampard wants him, now would be the time to buy him, because another year like the one he his currently having and his stock would shoot up and as such he would be worth investing in now.

I just hope all the young lads see Derby for what they are trying to achieve and stick around.

I just hope this current situation forces us to sell our best young stars.

I'd like this crop to at least get a full season with us, together, next season, before we even contemplate any potential offers.  At which point we might get promoted and I'd say the same again for the Premier League and if we didn't, I'd expect fees above £20m and for a season loan back. 

I'd say pretty much any other team in the Premier League and I would believe it. City, Liverpool included. Chelsea, though, have the biggest collection of central midfielders in Europe. 

At the moment: Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic, Gilmour, Van Ginkel. Not forgetting: Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Gallagher, McEachran, Musonda, Pasalic, Piazon who are out on loan. They also have Tino Anjorin who they're extremely excited about, albeit he's more attacking for a centre mid.

Bird is a great prospect, but Chelsea are literally the last team on this planet that could use him at the moment. 

Whilst I would want to keep all our youngsters that we want to keep football finance will be a completely different beast in the championship from now on I suspect so all genuine offers would be looked at seriously. Would Chelsea’s genuinely want him? 

On a separate note I think the EFL clubs should refuse to loan players from premiership clubs in the future and that way the championship clubs wouldn’t be handing over huge loan fees and a natural progression of youngsters would sign for EFL clubs rather than premiership clubs and then if the players are good enough they can be sold to the benefit of the EFL clubs 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I'd say pretty much any other team in the Premier League and I would believe it. City, Liverpool included. Chelsea, though, have the biggest collection of central midfielders in Europe. 

At the moment: Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic, Gilmour, Van Ginkel. Not forgetting: Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Gallagher, McEachran, Musonda, Pasalic, Piazon who are out on loan. They also have Tino Anjorin who they're extremely excited about, albeit he's more attacking for a centre mid.

Bird is a great prospect, but Chelsea are literally the last team on this planet that could use him at the moment. 

You forgot Mount 

king of the hill no GIF

23 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Let's face it, there isn't a lot to report in the world of football at the moment, so probably lazy journalism. Easy to make the link, especially as Max is really finding his feet and becoming a high profile prospect.

As has already been said, he is still young and the lure of Chelsea would be difficult for a young lad to turn down, however if he has any sense he would also be able to see that he would be in for a good few years of loan seasons.

Chelsea still have a lot of money to burn at the moment and would still go out and buy the best players, so a young lad would have to be something very special to break through there.

Having said that, if Lampard wants him, now would be the time to buy him, because another year like the one he his currently having and his stock would shoot up and as such he would be worth investing in now.

I just hope all the young lads see Derby for what they are trying to achieve and stick around.

I just hope this current situation forces us to sell our best young stars.

That should of course read DOESN'T force us to sell.

Silly boy, always proof read before posting

I'd take Fik for Max.

Just looking at our line up for next season:

Centre back pairing of Tomori and Di Wierik, and DM pairing of Rooney and Bielik.

Is better than ? with Di Wierek, and Rooney with Bird/Bielik. Basically I'd put Bird and Bielik at a similar level, so whilst it would be awesome to have the pair of them in 2 seasons time... we don't have a useful second centre back at the moment, so it's more pressing.

16 minutes ago, erathirea said:

I'd take Fik for Max.

Just looking at our line up for next season:

Centre back pairing of Tomori and Di Wierik, and DM pairing of Rooney and Bielik.

Is better than ? with Di Wierek, and Rooney with Bird/Bielik. Basically I'd put Bird and Bielik at a similar level, so whilst it would be awesome to have the pair of them in 2 seasons time... we don't have a useful second centre back at the moment, so it's more pressing.

I've seen a few mention Tomori, isn't he a regular for Chelsea?

Archived