Max Bird

JfR

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Srg said:

Rowett gave him his debut didn't he? Shoddy journalism.

Don't particularly believe it, but if someone offered 8 figures, we wouldn't turn it down.

Made a debut for cup game against Barnsley under Rowett era 

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest to see these sort of links, legitimate or not. This lad is going right to the very top. Even though he’s only broken through in the professional game this season, the performances he has put in means he already looks ready for a step up in my opinion. I don’t think we could begrudge him a prem move this summer if one was on offer, as much as I’d be sad to see him go already. Can only hope we manage to get big enough money for him for it to be worth it.

6 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Seriously, if Fikayo were part of the deal then I would be happy. However, even though Max has loads of potential I imagine Fik would be worth more at this moment.

Fik was really good.  But I'd rather have Max, i wouldn't even consider a straight swap between the two (not that it would be offered).  We need to keep Bird for now.  Hopefully he will make it to the Premier League with us, if not there is every chance that he'll be worth bags of money in a couple of seasons if he keeps up his current progression.  By then if we are still stuck in the Championship, we won't be able to hold him back any longer and it will be time to cash in and wish him all the best.  He was oozing class just when the virus shut the season down. 

Even though he is our best player, I'd sell if they'd make decent offer. Bielik  is good enough to play there and needs playing time if we are going to sell him on profit. Bielik also offers that aerial ability our team is massively lacking as well.

BTW is Football insider 247 really a source worth noting?

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Even though he is our best player, I'd sell if they'd make decent offer. Bielik  is good enough to play there and needs playing time if we are going to sell him on profit. Bielik also offers that aerial ability our team is massively lacking as well.

BTW is Football insider 247 really a source worth noting?

Simple answer,no!

I know some will disagree, but I think the way that Chelsea/Lampard treated our club last summer was nothing short of a disgrace.  We owe them nothing and unless they make the club an offer and I mean a real offer, we should tell them to jog on!  Max Bird, Max Lowe, Jaden Bogle, Jason Knight and Louie Sibley, these players are the clubs future and we shouldn't cave in just because the likes of Chelsea come calling!

Not sure if this is tosh or not but Bird , sibley and knight as well as a few others will be attracting attention and we might lose one or two. I have heard £20m + mention by some on here but £6-10m is more realistic. 

I hope we keep hold of them as I have not been this excited about the talent coming through it money talks 

Archived