Max Bird

JfR

10 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Thought,,,,,,,,,,,, Have Derby ever had someone elses pants down on a transfer ? Or is it just us that has it done .?

Leeds United, Seth Johnson.

Not that Seth was bad, but the fact we sold him for 9 million to them, he played hardly any football and almost ruined them, he then gets released, we sign him on a free and he helps get us promoted.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not that Seth was bad, but the fact we sold him for 9 million to them, he played hardly any football and almost ruined them, he then gets released, we sign him on a free and he helps get us promoted.

Daily to Blackburn was a bit naughty wasn't it?

12 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yeah possibly , also the Dailly one . But for those two we could name 20 where we have been mugged off ! 

What must the requirements be when we advertise for head of scouting / recruitement ????

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 11:11, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sign Dailly for a million as a striker, convert him to a defender, sell him for 5 million and sign Spencer Prior as a replacement for 700k...that was good business.

It wasn't , I often think of the Dailly transfer as the catalyst for bring in inferior players like Prior, Bragstaad and Beck. Depends what you spend the money on.

Its a massive opportunity, he's likely to get game time under lampard who is giving youngsters a go. Danger is when lampard is eventually sacked if you haven't become established like mount you could quite easily end up like a lot of the youngsters who have gone Chelsea & ended up with no game time, several loans, & pottering about league one. 

If we sell we should hold out for as much as possible. Bird needs to consider game time v massive contract. Its better at his age to play regularly another full season with us would be better for development 

2 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Its a massive opportunity, he's likely to get game time under lampard who is giving youngsters a go. Danger is when lampard is eventually sacked if you haven't become established like mount you could quite easily end up like a lot of the youngsters who have gone Chelsea & ended up with no game time, several loans, & pottering about league one. 

If we sell we should hold out for as much as possible. Bird needs to consider game time v massive contract. Its better at his age to play regularly another full season with us would be better for development 

Would he get game time at Chelsea? Even with Lampard in charge, I’m not convinced. Think it’s more likely he’d be loaned out for a couple of seasons before getting a chance. If he were to move clubs, I think the best move for his career would be to move to a low end prem club - someone like Brighton - where he’d still get game time.

20 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Would he get game time at Chelsea? Even with Lampard in charge, I’m not convinced. Think it’s more likely he’d be loaned out for a couple of seasons before getting a chance. If he were to move clubs, I think the best move for his career would be to move to a low end prem club - someone like Brighton - where he’d still get game time.

Tomori finds himself fourth choice now and they are still in the hunt for a new CB

On 26/04/2020 at 10:11, G-Ram said:

It's no opportunity at all IMO. Chelsea have Jorghino, Kante, Kovacic, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Mount and Gilmour as current midfield options. Max is a star in the making but it could be years before he gets a run of games, if at all. Bear in mind that Chelsea will be looking at bringing in other midfielders too.

Unless they offer £20 to £25 million with some juicy add-ons and Max is suddenly desperate to leave the club he loves, Frank can jog on. Their valuation of £5 million is a joke offer, though I concede that this virus may shake-up the transfer market for all bar the wealthiest clubs.

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It's no opportunity at all IMO. Chelsea have Jorghino, Kante, Kovacic, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Mount and Gilmour as current midfield options. Max is a star in the making but it could be years before he gets a run of games, if at all. Bear in mind that Chelsea will be looking at bringing in other midfielders too.

Unless they offer £20 to £25 million with some juicy add-ons and Max is suddenly desperate to leave the club he loves, Frank can jog on. Their valuation of £5 million is a joke offer, though I concede that this virus may shake-up the transfer market for all bar the wealthiest clubs.

Ain't Kante and Jorghino being sold this summer? They'd need at least one defensive minded cm if the rumours are true and football one day will continue

5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Ain't Kante and Jorghino being sold this summer? They'd need at least one defensive minded cm if the rumours are true and football one will continue

Are they? Didn't know that tbh. All the same, I'm not sure Max is able to replace either of those guys though. Maybe in a few years, but hugely talented as he is, they're on a different level right now.

On 22/04/2020 at 23:37, Biley66 said:

Would Bryan Clough sell him to Chelsea? ... would he feck

On 22/04/2020 at 23:48, Millenniumram said:

I’ve got no idea, never heard of him

Interesting because sometimes I've seen Cloughie's signed his name "Brian" and sometimes "Bryan". Obviously the consensus nowadays is with an "i" but I don't think it's cut and dried when the great man himself wasn't averse to a "y".

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interesting because sometimes I've seen Cloughie's signed his name "Brian" and sometimes "Bryan". Obviously the consensus nowadays is with an "i" but I don't think it's cut and dried when the great man himself wasn't averse to a "y".

It's like when my mate who I've known by his nickname my whole life added me on Facebook 30 years later and his name was Martyn and not Martin, my mind was blown.

On 19/04/2020 at 11:11, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sign Dailly for a million as a striker, convert him to a defender, sell him for 5 million and sign Spencer Prior as a replacement for 700k...that was good business.

Signing Prior as Dailly's replacement was the beginning of the end. That was time to get a top class replacement,but we signed a squad player who could cover 8-10 games for injury and suspension. We went backwards from that moment onwards.

5 million deal close to completion apparently from a couple of sources, duck sake.

Will actually be pissed off if he goes Chelsea, first of all he deserves better and second of all I don’t want him to rot away in the reserves.

Archived