Derby in advanced talks with American billionaire Michael Dell over major financial injection

Bubbles

10 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I don’t know who you are, ie if you work for the club or what, but I like the cut of your jib, anyone posting positivity in these uncertain times is alright with me. ?

Im a nobody mate but thankyou for your kind words.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's a no lose situation for them, Mel either pays the money back or they receive a lovely club for 30 million.

Only correct if you believe the papers.with it coming from the daily fail i would have little faith in it.but like they say if you wait long enough you will get your answer.i would take the waiting to find out if i was you it might surprise you.

On 25/03/2020 at 21:01, europia said:

3 Amigo's anyone ??

Definitely smart arses to be wary of and the need to count your fingers before and after a handshake but at least Dell has some substance unlike those shysters who had nothing and just milked what we didn’t even have either and lined their own pockets. 

3 amigos, those guys that took BMW for a shed load over Rover, That Chapel bloke and Phillip Green ... same cloth. Bandits ... and the daft thing is .. you can see em a mile off. .. ( Bright House, Wonga and a bunch of others skirting law, without an ounce of ethics)

I think Mel is bright enough to avoid those pitfalls 

proceed with caution 

10 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I don’t know who you are, ie if you work for the club or what, but I like the cut of your jib, anyone posting positivity in these uncertain times is alright with me. ?

I know for alot of people at the moment being positive is becoming very hard, times are hard at the min. But mark my words good things are coming its just going to take time. We as a club are at a strange crossroads as it does feel at times like the media love dropping it on us. Thats why its very important we dont always believe what we read.good things are coming

9 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

I know for alot of people at the moment being positive is becoming very hard, times are hard at the min. But mark my words good things are coming its just going to take time. We as a club are at a strange crossroads as it does feel at times like the media love dropping it on us. Thats why its very important we dont always believe what we read.good things are coming

I feel it too. We are a solid club, some decent history, good support and fan base. Proper owner, no real debt, young improving squad, half decent expandable stadium, top notch academy and infrastructure. .. and Chris Martin, obviously ?

bit bogged down in a middling league, with lots of red tape and politics stunting us artificially; but the bricks, mortar, plant and equipment are there. 

A few good hands played well, and we have a chance to be pro high rollers rather than empty pocketed gamblers

33 minutes ago, jono said:

Definitely smart arses to be wary of and the need to count your fingers before and after a handshake but at least Dell has some substance unlike those shysters who had nothing and just milked what we didn’t even have either and lined their own pockets. 

3 amigos, those guys that took BMW for a shed load over Rover, That Chapel bloke and Phillip Green ... same cloth. Bandits ... and the daft thing is .. you can see em a mile off. .. ( Bright House, Wonga and a bunch of others skirting law, without an ounce of ethics)

I think Mel is bright enough to avoid those pitfalls 

proceed with caution 

Yep absolutely. As you say Mel is no push over in business and finance. Hopefully he will get inward investment and retain a controlling interest in DCFC. 

12 hours ago, Ramslaar said:

True but sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.whos to say the loan is not for the plaza the roof and more.it in the end will be for the good of the club.mel has already put millions in and maybe only wants to use his money for the football side.extra investment is needed to ensure we can develop our rev stream thus ensuring we can continue to complete at the football end.i dont know if any of this is true just my take

This is my take too. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I see publishing the accounts has been delayed.

Cant see any real reason for this as they must have already been prepared for FFP purposes.

Guessing the coronavirus situation could have an impact on the audit report?

I know the accounts are for the year ending June 2019, so I don't know if it's possible as the club weren't notified until after that date, but is there any chance it could be something to do with the amortisation charge from the EFL?

If they use the allowed delay and beat the EFL charge within that time then they carry on using the same method, and if not they change it?

11 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I know the accounts are for the year ending June 2019, so I don't know if it's possible as the club weren't notified until after that date, but is there any chance it could be something to do with the amortisation charge from the EFL?

If they use the allowed delay and beat the EFL charge within that time then they carry on using the same method, and if not they change it?

Quite possibly but I wouldnt like to think that the EFL are dictating what a limited company can and cant put in their accounts.

I'd be filing them as they are and sticking 2 fingers up to the EFL.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Quite possibly but I wouldnt like to think that the EFL are dictating what a limited company can and cant put in their accounts.

I'd be filing them as they are and sticking 2 fingers up to the EFL.

Depending on your auditors, they may either insist on a note on a "material uncertainty" or be prevaricating around coronavirus and the implications for the "going concern " statement. 

The latter is holding up our year end accounts as the audit was ongoing as coronavirus bit.

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Depending on your auditors, they may either insist on a note on a "material uncertainty" or be prevaricating around coronavirus and the implications for the "going concern " statement. 

The latter is holding up our year end accounts as the audit was ongoing as coronavirus bit.

I've never understood why they've dragged it out until last day anyway?

And dont really see the point in holding them back for the coronavirus situation, pretty much every set of accounts will be referencing it in their audit report this year I would imagine.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

I've never understood why they've dragged it out until last day anyway?

And dont really see the point in holding them back for the coronavirus situation, pretty much every set of accounts will be referencing it in their audit report this year I would imagine.

They are. Its the associated stress tests that accompany the statement that are causing issues and debate. 

But the point about delay is valid. In financial services we have 3 months from our company year end to provide audited accounts and all sorts of other returns to the regulatory authorities. 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

They are. Its the associated stress tests that accompany the statement that are causing issues and debate. 

But the point about delay is valid. In financial services we have 3 months from our company year end to provide audited accounts and all sorts of other returns to the regulatory authorities. 

The DCFC accounts must be prepared before December for FFP as well I think

11 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think you two should just quit the flirting and messing around with foreplay and just go get a room... so the rest of us can make simply stuff up and make wild statements based on no accounting understanding whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

I think you two should just quit the flirting and messing around with foreplay and just go get a room... so the rest of us can make simply stuff up and make wild statements based on no accounting understanding whatsoever. 

Maybe it's my split personality,  but you were only quoting me.......

Or are you suggesting that I am an onanist...more Old Fruitys bag that......?

Archived