Derby in advanced talks with American billionaire Michael Dell over major financial injection

Bubbles

25 minutes ago, David said:

Matt Hughes. Same “journalist” that drops all the sensationalist stuff on us, 21 point deduction was one of his gems. Think he must have been served a dodgy burger at Pride Park once and never forgiven us for it.

Was it the Daily Mail that said we were losing 2 million a month and were up for sale for a quid?

Assuming Mel isn't shy of a few quid still, why would he look to borrow money with 'strict repayment terms', you would say Mel has lost the plot of that were to be true, which I imagine it wouldnt be.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, David said:

Matt Hughes. Same “journalist” that drops all the sensationalist stuff on us, 21 point deduction was one of his gems. Think he must have been served a dodgy burger at a restaurant somewhere near Pride Park once, then had a good one at the ground, thought it was that that gave him the squits, and never forgiven us for it.

Fixed, in case any litigation-minded lawyers on behalf of the catering suppliers at PP are reading.

Big claims from the Daily Mail there. Whether it’s true... I doubt it, but it remains to be seen I guess. Were it to be true, then I’d be fairly concerned as it would seem to indicate that MM has no interest in putting any more capital into the club, and we’ll be relying on loans like this until a takeover goes through. That would put us in debt that could hamper us for years to come.

But I just don’t think Mel would do that. He’s not got unlimited funds which is why he needs some financial support - which is absolutely fair enough. But I’m sure, even in this crisis, that he will put enough money in to keep us afloat in the mean time. He is a fan after all, and the indications are that he wants to stay on with whoever the new investor turns out to be anyway.

So in the Mail article, not a single quote, no reference whatsoever to a source at or close to either the Club, Mel, Dell or the investment company..............simply, "It is understood...."

Classic speculation that they cannot be held accountable for...typical Daily Heil

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I am not ITK, but I doubt that I am very far wrong thinking that Mel regrets the bloody day he decided to start investing in our Football Club.

Absolutely ,how do you amass a small fortune ?Put a big one into a football club . Amazing how many investors are prepared to chase the holy grail of Prem money though.

Purely about funding a whole bunch of short term liabilities that need cash NOW. Mel will not put any more cash in.

Bit like paying off a load of credit cards with a structured longer term loan. Not to be confused with 'investment'. This is a pure commercial deal with very little to do with sporting investment for the future.

Secured against everything left after the stadium sale. 

Not ideal.

14 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

Purely about funding a whole bunch of short term liabilities that need cash NOW. Mel will not put any more cash in.

Bit like paying off a load of credit cards with a structured longer term loan. Not to be confused with 'investment'. This is a pure commercial deal with very little to do with sporting investment for the future.

Secured against everything left after the stadium sale. 

Not ideal.

So the honeymoon period for Mel is well and truly over then?

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Was it the Daily Mail that said we were losing 2 million a month and were up for sale for a quid?

Assuming Mel isn't shy of a few quid still, why would he look to borrow money with 'strict repayment terms', you would say Mel has lost the plot of that were to be true, which I imagine it wouldnt be.

And wasnt the £2m figure proven to be true?

And Mel said he would accept £1 for the club if the right owner came along. 

He may not be short of a few quid but we do not know the make up of his wealth ie him having lots of shares/properties does not help us pay wages!

Accounts due to be filed tomorrow, interested to see what they say!

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I am not ITK, but I doubt that I am very far wrong thinking that Mel regrets the bloody day he decided to start investing in our Football Club.

I don’t think he does, but I’m damn sure he regrets how he invested. Chucking 7 million at Johnson 3-4 million on the likes of Anya butterflied, Blackman and countless others. All on long contracts and on top dollar. Whilst sacking a manager and their back room staff every 5 minutes. Given the opportunity, I reckon he would still invest but very, very differently. The value of hindsight ☹️☹️

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So the honeymoon period for Mel is well and truly over then?

Honeymoon over.....a short period of domestic bliss.... several years of misery and disappointment ....next stop divorce ??  

Archived