Derby in advanced talks with American billionaire Michael Dell over major financial injection

Bubbles

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Every new owner 'loans' to their club, none of them just give money to them. Even Mel has taken care of the debt against the club but then technically he is 'owed' as it is a loan. It'll depend if the owner writes any of that debt off in the future. 

Would you like to clarify this statement as I believe it to be completely incorrect. 

Can’t remember the last time DET broke a story before Percy. They rehash anything he puts out and then Nico will be all cryptic on Twitter (when in actual fact he knows sod all behind the scenes).

Percy wouldn’t have tweeted that without a reason, he’s one of few journalists who don’t sprout BS

39 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Where's he gone?

Emailed him a while ago and he never replied 

No idea mate, he's disappeared. Not on Twitter anymore, nothing. Hope he is okay, good lad.

I saw him at Chelsea when we played there last season but not since.

On 26/03/2020 at 10:46, Uptherams said:

You do have to wonder why it's taken Mel 2 years to have any investment secured. I hope when it happens, it's not underwhelming. 

If you've got no emotional attachment to a Championship club, why on earth would you invest in one? The potential of a big pay day afer promotion, sure, but the whole point of investment is to see a return on investment. It's extremely unlikely they would get that easily at our level. 

All that being said, if you can BUY a Championship club now. I would, because the Premier League income is set to double/triple in the next couple of years so as crazy as the money seems now it will be nothing in reflection to the 2030 season. I guarantee that. Premier League owners would be absolutely daft to sell at the moment, so I don't see any leaving - especially big Mike Ashley. It would take another relegation to see him leave. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

If you've got no emotional attachment to a Championship club, why on earth would you invest in one? The potential of a big pay day afer promotion, sure, but the whole point of investment is to see a return on investment. It's extremely unlikely they would get that easily at our level. 

All that being said, if you can BUY a Championship club now. I would, because the Premier League income is set to double/triple in the next couple of years so as crazy as the money seems now it will be nothing in reflection to the 2030 season. I guarantee that. Premier League owners would be absolutely daft to sell at the moment, so I don't see any leaving - especially big Mike Ashley. It would take another relegation to see him leave. 

I agree about the revenue aspect of the PL. The Netflix model would take the PL to an unimaginable level. Disney plus is seeing rapid adoption rates. Some have criticised it due to carriers offering it for free. But that's exactly what will happen with a PL streaming service too. 

More money will not only trickle down to the EFL, but i can see huge payments being passed on to it and clubs and for the EFL to adopt the same model. 

85 million people worldwide paying £10 a month for a PL streaming service and every PL club could receive £500 million a year ? 

On 26/03/2020 at 10:46, Uptherams said:

You do have to wonder why it's taken Mel 2 years to have any investment secured. I hope when it happens, it's not underwhelming. 

In a way it could be taken as a good sign...he's finding the right investment not jumping at the 1st person who comes along. Don't want another Rush or amigo on our hands

Sith Happens
On 25/03/2020 at 21:01, europia said:

3 Amigo's anyone ??

With his background would it not be 3 Amiga's???? 

7 minutes ago, YoxallRam said:

Derby in talks over £30m loan from investment firm as the Championship club battles to survive amid coronavirus crisis

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8165737/Derby-talks-30m-loan-Championship-club-battles-survive-amid-coronavirus-crisis.html

Couldn't see this posted anywhere

Matt Hughes. Same “journalist” that drops all the sensationalist stuff on us, 21 point deduction was one of his gems. Think he must have been served a dodgy burger at Pride Park once and never forgiven us for it.

Archived