Derby in advanced talks with American billionaire Michael Dell over major financial injection

Bubbles

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Absolutely ,how do you amass a small fortune ?Put a big one into a football club . Amazing how many investors are prepared to chase the holy grail of Prem money though.

It has never been about the money for mel he has other companys that make the money.buying the club was always about giving something back to the community.

9 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

The loan sounds just stupid as that guy who goes on radio Derby who knows about finances has just said none of the loan will count towards ffp unless the person takes a stake so it wouldn't even mean that much in terms of helping out the ffp side

A loan doesnt count full stop, regardless of whether the guy has a stake or not. That is the sort of thing that FFP was brought in to stop.

9 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

The loan sounds just stupid as that guy who goes on radio Derby who knows about finances has just said none of the loan will count towards ffp unless the person takes a stake so it wouldn't even mean that much in terms of helping out the ffp side

True but sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.whos to say the loan is not for the plaza the roof and more.it in the end will be for the good of the club.mel has already put millions in and maybe only wants to use his money for the football side.extra investment is needed to ensure we can develop our rev stream thus ensuring we can continue to complete at the football end.i dont know if any of this is true just my take

40 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I would agree in Mel's case but he's in the minority IMO.

Yep totally agree and i dont blame anyone for being concerned about this as we have in the past as a club been burned.however i have enough knowledge to believe this will be a very carefully thought out transaction and one that will only benifit the club.

17 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

Yep totally agree and i dont blame anyone for being concerned about this as we have in the past as a club been burned.however i have enough knowledge to believe this will be a very carefully thought out transaction and one that will only benifit the club.

You are 'wisemonkey' - I claim my £10

1 hour ago, Ramslaar said:

I don’t know who you are, ie if you work for the club or what, but I like the cut of your jib, anyone posting positivity in these uncertain times is alright with me. ?

9 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I don’t know who you are, ie if you work for the club or what, but I like the cut of your jib, anyone posting positivity in these uncertain times is alright with me. ?

Jib ?  I got it he is the crane operator installing the new stadium roof ?

it feels to me that this group are making a play at buying a large, underperforming club on the cheap. the sunderland fans felt that their money was loaned with the hope that the owners would default on it and they could claim the club as payment. 

anyone else concerned that this is the aim? 

2 hours ago, swanny said:

it feels to me that this group are making a play at buying a large, underperforming club on the cheap. the sunderland fans felt that their money was loaned with the hope that the owners would default on it and they could claim the club as payment. 

anyone else concerned that this is the aim? 

It's a no lose situation for them, Mel either pays the money back or they receive a lovely club for 30 million.

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's a no lose situation for them, Mel either pays the money back or they receive a lovely club for 30 million.

Might be problematic where their lovely club play home games.

46 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Might be problematic where their lovely club play home games.

Aha! Mel sells it back to them for £150m lol. Speads the profit amongst long suffering Rams Fans or sticks money behind the bar at the stadium for us all for a sesson or two!

6 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

Aha! Mel sells it back to them for £150m lol. Speads the profit amongst long suffering Rams Fans or sticks money behind the bar at the stadium for us all for a sesson or two!

A session or two, or a season or two?  Might leave my sofa a few more times if it is the latter?

Archived