• Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking it'll be something like...             

Roos
Bogle  Evans  Maybe?  Ohh
             Sod   It
   I've    Nooo  Bloody

Idea

To be fair, Cocu gets roasted for whatever line up he puts out so he's probably just trolling us now.

image.png.2907e0a35ad9bce27c65f19eaf179268.png

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

To be fair, Evans & Forsyth at centre back is....eye brow raising. I’m fine with the rest of the team, but not one of Clarke, Davies or Wisdom playing, is a bit odd.

I do agree but.....

A lot of folks have been arguing for Evans to play there - on the basis of one substitute appearance last season.

Fozzy is playing for his future... One last chance, maybe.

Clarke and Wisdom may need resting. 

We're all agreed Davies is past his best.

well unlike all you girls having a hissy fit at the team selection, I'm liking it. Give the young talent a taste of playing a big club to gain valuable experience for next season. Evans has proven himself more than capable at cb. The midfield is full of energy, can see knight playing wide again with Rooney just behind waggy.

And the utd team doesn't exactly fill me full of fear and dread.

Enjoy the game, win or lose, & don't wet your panties because you disagree with his selection and lets face it, even with wisdom, davies or even shinnie in the team we have as much chance of winning as we do without them.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

No real issues with the selection. Wanted to see Sibley start for a while, he's going to end up crunching Bruno in the first 10 ?. Probably would have put Martin on instead of Waggy though.

I'd rather save Martin for league games tbh.

My general opinion of the reaction to the team selection is...

... so what?

I don't really care if we get hammered 4-0 by a Champions league level club. We're not going to win the cup and regardless of the outcome the fact that the manager trusts out young players to start this game, especially Sibley who's struggled with the transition, is pleasing to me.

I certainly didn't expect this team selection and it isn't what is have picked at all, but again, so what?

Just now, Coconut said:

I'd rather save Martin for league games tbh.

My general opinion of the reaction to the team selection is...

... so what?

I don't really care if we get hammered 4-0 by a Champions league level club. We're not going to win the cup and regardless of the outcome the fact that the manager trusts out young players to start this game, especially Sibley who's struggled with the transition, is pleasing to me.

The thing is, we don't really have anything to play for in the league either. I'm happy to see young players come through, but also the lack of centre halves and Waggy as CF is questionable.

Just now, IslandExile said:

I do agree but.....

A lot of folks have been arguing for Evans to play there - on the basis of one substitute appearance last season.

Fozzy is playing for his future... One last chance, maybe.

Clarke and Wisdom may need resting. 

We're all agreed Davies is past his best.

If Fozzy is playing for his future, it should be at left back. I don’t mind Evans getting a game, but it looks a really weak defence 

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Yeah, I guess they’ve both played there, but Evans not for a while, not played at all for a while, and I thought we’d seen the last of Forsyth there

Not the pairing I was expecting to be honest but I suppose it'll be interesting to see how George Evans does playing out from the back as he may be needed in that role next season.

11 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Roos
Bogle  Evans  Forsyth  Lowe
               Bird  Rooney
   Knight    Sibley  Lawrence

Waghorn

Is my best guess

Geuninely VERY excited at that lineup. Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To be fair, that’s our strongest 11 other than Martin, Wisdom and Clarke in for Sibley, Evans and Forsyth. Even then, there’s a strong case for Evans being a first choice CB when fully fit. 

A strong case? From what? He's had a few decent performances there, a few dodgy ones. Wouldn't say it's a strong case for him being first choice though.

To be fair it’s not the fact he’s made a few changes that gets me, it’s the fact he’s left out a couple of specific players who are important to us. 4 changes for an FA cup game is hardly game changing stuff. For me, I’m ok with Roos in for Hamer and Evans in for Wisdom - Hamer is still bank on the ball, we may need better in that respect tonight, and Wisdom is still suspect defensively at centre half, so Evans probably deserves a go now he’s back from injury.

The other two changes are the ones that annoy me - Clarke is the main man who holds the defence together, we were terrible while he was injured. Absolutely no need for him not to be playing tonight, centre half is hardly an energy sapping position. And the fact he’s been replaced at centre back by Forsyth makes it even worse, we’ve already established he’s a terrible centre half. We don’t need the pain of watching his “distribution” out the back again, I’ve seen enough of that! I’m disappointed not to see Martin given the chance to carry on his form after his performance last Saturday as well. I appreciate he probably can’t play tonight and Sunday, but to be honest we have got little left to play for in the league, so I’d have rather seen him tonight. Especially when him not playing leaves us with Waghorn up front, who is vastly more effective on the right imo.

Archived