v Manchester United (H) - Matchday Thread

Sean

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Maybe my maths is off but...
Bogle, Lowe, Bird, Knight = 4
Sibley, Whittaker = 2

Who am I missing?

I'm counting Ravas (aged 22) as an academy goalkeeper. And because he joined us aged 21 to play in the academy and learn his trade I'm counting Roos as an ex-academy goalkeeper. So 5 and 3, making 8 out of the 18.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm counting Ravas (aged 22) as an academy goalkeeper. And because he joined us aged 21 to play in the academy and learn his trade I'm counting Roos as an ex-academy goalkeeper. So 5 and 3, making 8 out of the 18.

Think official method is 3 years under the age of 21 at the club to considered home-grown.

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Predicted United team: Romero; Williams, Maguire, Bailly, Dalot; McTominay, Pereira; Greenwood, Lingard, Mata; Ighalo. 

Derby beats that team IMO, especially at Fortress Park. 

Please, please let them play Lingard and Pereira. I don't think those two would get into our team. Shocking.

1 hour ago, David said:

Now that we’ve established Max Lowe can’t tackle and doesn’t know his left from right, how many are we saying Rooney is scoring tonight? ?

Ha ha.   That Van Dyke was overwhelming overpriced lol

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I have sneaky feeling Lawrence will win this game for us tonight.

Bird and Rooney will have classy games in midfield.

We will dispatch Norwich with ease and then Marriott will haunt fat Frank in the Semis at Wembley.

COYR!

Don’t tease us. Who do we beat in the final?

I wish there was a list somewhere, by club, stating which clubs players ended their playing careers at (or last played for). I sometimes think on the names in ours, get to Savage and Ashley Cole and trick myself into thinking it would be an interesting list before failing to think of anyone else. Likely it would have Rooney on it in the future, too, if such a thing did exist.

46 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I wish there was a list somewhere, by club, stating which clubs players ended their playing careers at (or last played for). I sometimes think on the names in ours, get to Savage and Ashley Cole and trick myself into thinking it would be an interesting list before failing to think of anyone else. Likely it would have Rooney on it in the future, too, if such a thing did exist.

I'm not sure Savage counts as he played for Stockport last year.

Here's a partial list of former players going back to 2004, but excludes those who didn't play for anyone else after leaving (such as Cole).

Edit: Search in this one for "Retired" and you'll find a few such as Bent, Eustace, Stubbs, etc...

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm not sure Savage counts as he played for Stockport last year.

Here's a partial list of former players going back to 2004, but excludes those who didn't play for anyone else after leaving (such as Cole).

He started a 1 game second career with Stockport for some reason. He ended his actual career with us 8 years prior ? I still consider it counting.

I know that list exists but the players who didn't play for anyone else after leaving is the whole point of what I want lol

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He started a 1 game second career with Stockport for some reason. He ended his actual career with us 8 years prior ? I still consider it counting.

I know that list exists but the players who didn't play for anyone else after leaving is the whole point of what I want lol

Michael Hoganson.

Richard Keogh.

Archived