Radio Derby

Norman Hull

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I was listening while waiting game to at pp I found once steel being playing down our chances it got to the point I turned it off I never brothered listening to on the way home.

I do anything have rammage back.

Bore fest now.

He did wrong and that’s the consequences. If you want to blame anyone blame him, not radio Derby. He’s not coming back so you have to make peace with it now. 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steele has forgotten more about football than Ramage will ever know. It's so refreshing to have someone with so much knowledge on the media, national or local. We're incredibly lucky to have him on Radio Derby.

He has opinions but he has the reasoning and eloquence to back it up.

When De Gea signed for Man Utd, Eric Steele went and had Spanish lessons to help De Gea settle in. Ramage would have just talked louder and slower.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

What, like support institutional racism?

We're all aware of @B4ev6is' "personality", and yes, I'm as bored as anyone in hearing his views on this particular subject, but whilst I'd most strenuously hope he'd never be allowed "special treatment" on here... that was harsh and uncalled for, in my opinion.

Just sayin'

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

What, like support institutional racism?

Well a match of day said about young white players no differance what rammage views. Steel was nagtive it is there jobs to help get fans fired up but oh no steel is nagative I cant stand steel most boring person ever no passion.

15 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yep. Great news that he’s back on his show tomorrow. Hopefully he’ll be covering the game Sunday too but they didn’t mention that.

Fairly sure they did in the post-match part of their programme

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Steel was nagtive it is there jobs to help get fans fired up

That isn’t his job B4, his job is to summarise the game for the audio listeners, he’s not there to to get the fans going and pumped up for the game 

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well thats what rammage did and played up Derby chances not down before flaming ball was kicked nagtive steel.

Yes but surely the players don't listen to the Radio Derby pre game summary or are you saying that we lost last night as all the players were demoralised listening to Eric Steele play down their chances 

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Well thats what rammage did and played up Derby chances not down before flaming ball was kicked nagtive steel.

We was playing Manchester United with a very young team, I don’t think many gave us much of a chance last night. Not really being negative as such. They had one player almost worth the same as our entire stadium!

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes but surely the players don't listen to the Radio Derby pre game summary or are you saying that we lost last night as all the players were demoralised listening to Eric Steele play down their chances 

Well known that they listen to radio Derby

Or otherwise max bird and bogle never would have known what been said.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Fair comment. I still don't accept that we lost last night as the players listened to Eric Steeles negative comments if anything that should have been a spur for them to prove him wrong 

3 minutes ago, David said:

We was playing Manchester United with a very young team, I don’t think many gave us much of a chance last night. Not really being negative as such. They had one player almost worth the same as our entire stadium!

What about him saying that dont stand a chance how big gap is.

Were rammage would have said need get in there faces go press them and win midfield battle.

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

The players learnt what Ramage said on the podcast (he didn't say it on live radio) because some read this forum (Lowe's instagram is a screenshot of the thread started on here). I highly doubt they listen to the local radio - especially before a game.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

More likely that their friends listen, and one of them told him what had been said.

I seriously doubt our players listen to radio Derby for the hour before a game, or the couple of hours after.

Archived