Radio Derby

Norman Hull

Whats happening with Chris Coles? Anyone know?
Is he on gardening leave?

Its odd that a guy who never puts a word out of place isnt on air, yet Dawes is still on the air who isnt a stranger to saying the odd controversial thing himself

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Whats happening with Chris Coles? Anyone know?
Is he on gardening leave?

Its odd that a guy who never puts a word out of place isnt on air, yet Dawes is still on the air who isnt a stranger to saying the odd controversial thing himself

Like what?

Radio Derby, unless there is something unknown to us mere license-paying mortals, you need to bring Chris Coles back now, ffs. Until you do - or issue an explanation , you’ve lost yet another listener!!  Utter tosh!

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I don’t get why people think they’ll get replies from a company that’s obviously going through an internal process?

Indeed.  Why would they discuss anybody’s employment status with anybody else?  I understand people might like CC and want him back on the air (assuming this is anything more than him. Being on holiday) but fairly obvious they wouldn’t be answering such questions.

24 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What did the other fella do wrong?

Charges that _could_ be levelled at him, depending on his precise job description...

Not challenging Ramage when he initially made the statement.

Uploading the offending material to BBC Sounds

Trying to "cover-up" the error by editing and re-uploading the podcast when the Ramage quote was highlighted on Twitter.

We don;t know if there is anything else, or whether all 3 of those things above are meant to be his responsibility.  We just have to let the process play out.

But I do hope he is back on air soon.

22 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Charges that _could_ be levelled at him, depending on his precise job description...

Trying to "cover-up" the error by editing and re-uploading the podcast when the Ramage quote was highlighted on Twitter.

We don;t know if there is anything else, or whether all 3 of those things above are meant to be his responsibility.  We just have to let the process play out.

Does the show have a producer? I'm assuming they do. They should be held accountable as well.

22 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I believe they were ordered to do that so it wasn't really a cover up.

41 minutes ago, Strider said:

I believe they were ordered to do that so it wasn't really a cover up.

It was when you don't state anywhere it's an edited and/or reuploaded version and you do it stealthily to attempt to wipe out the existence of the original.

I was listening while waiting game to at pp I found once steel being playing down our chances it got to the point I turned it off I never brothered listening to on the way home.

I do anything have rammage back.

Bore fest now.

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I was listening while waiting game to at pp I found once steel being playing down our chances it got to the point I turned it off I never brothered listening to on the way home.

I do anything have rammage back.

Bore fest now.

He’s not coming back, and you sound a bit like a stuck record now mate.

Archived