Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

It would yes.

Not my intention.  As I said previously, the person who told me had no reason to fabricate the information.

Ah well Rooney has enough tarnishing for the squad, a bit more won't hurt surely!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Just mischief making i think , if true would have been reported a long time ago. Too many people with too much time on their hands 

Who loves gossiping more? Nattering housewives or football fans?

18 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Who loves gossiping more? Nattering housewives or football fans?

Well, I'll tell you something.  I was speaking to Jonny the other day, who sits next to a bloke called Ron at games, who once told him, that his cousin Colin, heard from his wife's brother-in-law Jeremy, that his dad asked the same question when he was in the pub, speaking to the landlord's dog groomer, who said a friend of his said "Football fans.  Definitely"

22 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Well, I'll tell you something.  I was speaking to Jonny the other day, who sits next to a bloke called Ron at games, who once told him, that his cousin Colin, heard from his wife's brother-in-law Jeremy, that his dad asked the same question when he was in the pub, speaking to the landlord's dog groomer, who said a friend of his said "Football fans.  Definitely"

But seriously though mate, do we not think this is putting the bloke on trial before he’s even being accused? I’ve banged this drum before but this forum has hundreds of posters and thousands of readers. I’ve been able to come up with three CM rumours within seconds that are quite probable. All it takes is ‘I reckon’ turns into ‘they said’ turns into scandal. I’m not saying it’s not true, but if it needs to come out then it will do in due course. I know there’s not much to talk about but do we need to talk about whether it’ll tarnish him?

As always there’s a responsibility to posting stuff online

However this plays out, it is worth mentioning that throughout his turbulent Derby career he's conducted himself with humility, restraint and dignity. He could have quite easily have blown his top with the way he, at times, has been pulled from pillar to post by the club. 

46 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

But seriously though mate, do we not think this is putting the bloke on trial before he’s even being accused? I’ve banged this drum before but this forum has hundreds of posters and thousands of readers. I’ve been able to come up with three CM rumours within seconds that are quite probable. All it takes is ‘I reckon’ turns into ‘they said’ turns into scandal. I’m not saying it’s not true, but if it needs to come out then it will do in due course. I know there’s not much to talk about but do we need to talk about whether it’ll tarnish him?

As always there’s a responsibility to posting stuff online

I'm not putting anyone on trial.  I'm merely pointing out I heard something about him.  If/when if it ever becomes public knowledge, everyone else can form their own opinion, I'm not influencing anybody's.

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

I'm not putting anyone on trial.  I'm merely pointing out I heard something about him.  If/when if it ever becomes public knowledge, everyone else can form their own opinion, I'm not influencing anybody's.

No issue with anyone putting on something they heard in good intent.

Like a rumour makes me go.

thierry henry GIF by Krowd9

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

However this plays out, it is worth mentioning that throughout his turbulent Derby career he's conducted himself with humility, restraint and dignity. He could have quite easily have blown his top with the way he, at times, has been pulled from pillar to post by the club. 

I think just like Bryson, Martin is another rare player who was settled and wanted to play for Derby, not just for the money. A real modern day legend imo and brilliant value for money.

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Really even after his involvement in the Joinersgate 10

5 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

I don't recall seeing him in the pictures published, however even if he was then he certainly wasn't hoofing up in the urinals and drink driving home. Having a cheeky pint is hardly the crime of the century unless you have evidence to the contrary. 

15 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I don't recall seeing him in the pictures published, however even if he was then he certainly wasn't hoofing up in the urinals and drink driving home. Having a cheeky pint is hardly the crime of the century unless you have evidence to the contrary. 

I’ve seen him on the pictures but I thought he went home?

Did he tamper with Keogh’s seatbelt?

My view is if you aren't prepared to back up  "something you heard" with facts then don't bother mentioning it at all.

It just causes ill founded tittle tattle to break out and grow out of control especially when everyone is bored out of their mind with nothing better to talk about.

Apart from anything it's grossly disrespectful to the player himself.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

What about Trashing Stephen Pearsons house whilst having a party?

Didn't he bite someone's toe for chatting up his fiancée at his engagement party.

Might be sacrificing Keogh in a dentists chair to the gods of new contracts in his role as grandmaster of the EFL lodge, think Anya was there as well

Archived