Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Think the best Derby rumour I heard which turned out to be true was Poom being told he couldn't play in a charity match in Estonia as it was to close to the season start . Going on for a bit after some cajoling on the day of the game and getting kicked in the balls by Iron Maiden drummer Nico McBrain in a 50/50.  I hoped Colin Gibson might mention this to him in the Rams TV interview. Not unsurprisingly he didn't

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Didn't he bite someone's toe for chatting up his fiancée at his engagement party.

Might be sacrificing Keogh in a dentists chair to the gods of new contracts in his role as grandmaster of the EFL lodge, think Anya was there as well

Liam Dickinson allegedly trashed Pearsons house, as he was staying there after just signing for us and Pearson went away.

I remember it was Butterfield whose missus had her toe bitten, but cant remember who by?

Netflix would have had a field day with our club.

20 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Wouldn’t be pertinent to say until it’s been officially reported. 

Let’s just say I was surprised & saddened by it when I heard it...

8 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Just mischief making i think , if true would have been reported a long time ago. Too many people with too much time on their hands 

Not necessarily... It ain't even due until Septemb... Oh... erm... So... about this apparent lack of a new contract... bit of a bummer eh!  

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

all of them....including Dexter Blackstock....who I am struggling to think ever played for us did he??

Image.jpg.e1e519a9686e099647c913b1549b7970.jpg

3 goals in 9 appearances on loan from Southampton in the 2005/06 season. He got recalled early by Southampton when George Burley took over there.
Feels really weird seeing that picture now, knowing what he'd get up to a few years down the line.

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Image.jpg.e1e519a9686e099647c913b1549b7970.jpg

3 goals in 9 appearances on loan from Southampton in the 2005/06 season. He got recalled early by Southampton when George Burley took over there.
Feels really weird seeing that picture now, knowing what he'd get up to a few years down the line.

I had totally forgotten that...so he scored 1 less goal for us in 9 appearances than Bennett has done in 9 seasons..!?? 

Oi you lot above this is a Chris Martin thread!

You know Derrby's very own Chris Martin.......not Diego Costa, Dexter Blackstock..........Super Chrissy Martin.

Our Goal gobbling monster.

Did you know Chris Martin won 4 caps and scored 2 goals for England U19s before gaining caps for Scotland.

image.jpeg

Is Chris Martin's agent touting him around?...

The report quotes one manager as saying: “I’ve been offered a former international striker who is earning £25,000-a-week and told I can have him for £15,000-a-week.

“I liked the player and might have taken him, but my chairman asked why I would take him at £15,000 when his price might be £10,000-a-week in a month’s time?

“It’s hard to argue with that.”

1 hour ago, philmycocu said:

The report quotes one manager as saying: “I’ve been offered a former international striker who is earning £25,000-a-week and told I can have him for £15,000-a-week.

“I liked the player and might have taken him, but my chairman asked why I would take him at £15,000 when his price might be £10,000-a-week in a month’s time?

Would be quite a surprise if his agent wouldn't be doing his job.

1 hour ago, philmycocu said:

Can't be the wardrobe - he's not a former international striker. 

6 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

They've taken it from the Mirror. 

"For every £1 of income generated by the clubs, the players are receiving £1.06, which has led EFL chairman Rick Parry to call for “a proper reset, post-Covid”.

The average player salary in the second tier is £29,000-per-week, and seen as unsustainable.

There were fears the cap would be introduced whenever the current season draws to a close, generating a mad rush to clear the decks of players on seven-figure salaries.

Some clubs, including West Brom, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke, carry several players who fall into the £1m-a-year bracket.

Being forced to offload them at very short notice would have led to bargains for the buying clubs, but the selling clubs would have to take huge hits on the price..."

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The average player salary in the second tier is £29,000-per-week, and seen as unsustainable.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Some clubs, including West Brom, Leeds United, Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke, carry several players who fall into the £1m-a-year bracket.

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I’ve never seen him say that he’s retired from international football so he’s not a former international yet

Perhaps the quote relates to one the clubs being talked about earlier in the article? Can't believe £29k is the average player salary in the Championship! FFS no wonder clubs are in trouble then!

Archived