EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

12 hours ago, cannable said:

Our best league position of the last decade was under them…

Which provided the catalyst for us and Mel to dare to dream, we could have just done an Ipswich/Forest and had  one decent season then slipped back into mediocrity where we had been for the previous decade. 

"When routine bites hard and ambition wont grow

Love will tear us apart"

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a very good point was made earlier in this thread which stated that if the finances had been run properly, within the EFL rules then there would not have been the need to "sell" the stadium. Did I also read that there were also irregularities about the financial reporting of player sales or something like that? 

IMO MM gambled to get us promoted. If he had succeeded none of us, including me would be going on about it now plus of course MM and the club would  benefit from the riches the Prem provides. 

I think MM was nieve but many in the same position would be. And in all respect to MM he seems to have now addressed matters although now we have gone from one extreme to the other with no signings but I understand that has to be done. 

I just hope that this whole stinking mess gets sorted this season so next season we can kick on. 

We need stability now plus of course we need to give Cocu time. I actually think Cocu has done a great job so far when you think about the actual squad he has. 

Come on you Rams! 

3 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Which provided the catalyst for us and Mel to dare to dream, we could have just done an Ipswich/Forest and had  one decent season then slipped back into mediocrity where we had been for the previous decade. 

"When routine bites hard and ambition wont grow

Love will tear us apart"

Forest spent loads back in the day as well but unfortunately for them and us spending money isn’t a patch on good planning 

1 hour ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

I think a very good point was made earlier in this thread which stated that if the finances had been run properly, within the EFL rules then there would not have been the need to "sell" the stadium. Did I also read that there were also irregularities about the financial reporting of player sales or something like that? 

No, just a different way of amortising player values, which no one else in the top four divisions use. That's not to say all other 90 clubs use the same policy, because they don't. As far as i'm aware, at least 3 different policies are used. However, there are suspicions the policy we're using isn't appropriate for players since the Bosman Ruling.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No, just a different way of amortising player values, which no one else in the top four divisions use. That's not to say all other 90 clubs use the same policy, because they don't. As far as i'm aware, at least 3 different policies are used. However, there are suspicions the policy we're using isn't appropriate for players since the Bosman Ruling.

OK thanks for the clarification. 

On 07/02/2020 at 12:11, Rams-in-Spain said:

IMO MM gambled to get us promoted. If he had succeeded none of us, including me would be going on about it now plus of course MM and the club would  benefit from the riches the Prem provides. 

I think MM was nieve but many in the same position would be. And in all respect to MM he seems to have now addressed matters although now we have gone from one extreme to the other with no signings but I understand that has to be done. 

I just hope that this whole stinking mess gets sorted this season so next season we can kick on. 

We need stability now plus of course we need to give Cocu time. I actually think Cocu has done a great job so far when you think about the actual squad he has. 

Come on you Rams! 

Yes fair points. Really hope next season isn't wrecked by points deduction. Would rather we didn't appeal ( inevitably we will lose out at some point) and take the points deduction this season, when it wont make too much difference, as things stand. 

37 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Were Birmingham docked points within the season that they were charged? I can’t remember. 

It appears they were referred to the independent disciplinary committee (where we go next) in September 2018 and the penalty was applied in March 2019. Based on that it will be next season that any points penalty would apply to us.

12 hours ago, IslandExile said:

That's my fear.....

The EFL will realise we're not going up or down this season so, for maximum impact, any points deduction will be next season.

Never mind, it just means we may not get automatic promotion until early April instead of March as I was hoping.

COYR ?

Yes but Birmingham accepted that they had done something wrong and based on what we have been told Derby county haven’t done anything wrong so why accept any punishment - I would rather push it the entire way if that was correct 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Yes but Birmingham accepted that they had done something wrong and based on what we have been told Derby county haven’t done anything wrong so why accept any punishment - I would rather push it the entire way if that was correct 

I agree entirely, some one has to show the EFL up for what they are and if MM is correct in his diagnosis of the situation, let it be us.

Take the bloody clowns to the cleaners and prove they are not fit for purpose.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Birmingham were punished with a transfer embargo first and then got the points deduction for ignoring that.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

And we'll pull a gibson and sue the EFL for not making the play offs.

I thin Gibson's probably started a new normal because appealing to the EFL doesn't get you anywhere but a legal writ apparently does....

Gibson has been making waves in other areas of Teesside.......in an FT article this morning talking about issues that the local government are having up there in trying to redevelop an old steel works site, the following snippet appears.......

"Teesside businessman and corporation vice-chairman Steve Gibson reportedly shouted at the banks’ representatives in a March 2019 meeting before walking out with his team, according to a submission to the inquiry by SSI, the Thai parent of SSI UK."

Cracking under the mental strain Gibbo??

I know it’s unlikely but let’s just say we scrape in to the play offs and then get to the PL and the judgement / legal business is incomplete. So it looks like we are going up 

Then we lose the argument sometime in July ...  Do we get refused promotion, will the PL start us on minus points, will we get minus points if we go down the next season and collect a deferred EFL penalty ? 

There are a lot of curious scenarios that could come out of this. 

Archived