EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Boro conveniently forgetting Gibson used a “ loophole “ to sell Boro’s debts to one of his own companies possibly at a cost to the Taxpayer. Why aren’t the EFL investigating this. Potentially far more serious  

Because Middlesborough didnt embarrass the EFL by catching Leeds spying on them and forcing them to take action, and they also didnt stand up to the EFL on tv rights and go their own way instead of using the iFollow model.

Also, no one has threatened to sue the EFL for Middlesbroughs actions. 

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Because Middlesborough didnt embarrass the EFL by catching Leeds spying on them and forcing them to take action, and they also didnt stand up to the EFL on tv rights and go their own way instead of using the iFollow model.

Also, no one has threatened to sue the EFL for Middlesbroughs actions. 

Spot on.. 

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I don’t think it makes a difference. 
But, it safeguards the stadium from the likes of asset strippers if Mel was to sell the club on - maybe makes it more affordable for anyone buying into the club as well. 

I think this is a reasonable assumption.

Probably not the driver behind the deal, I'd still guess that was P&S compliance, but maybe an important consideration.

As far as I understand things, Mel owns the company that in turns owns the football club, and finances the club by loaning that company money, which in turn buys equity in the football club, keeping the debt involved removed from the club itself.

If anyone believes that's incorrect, feel free to enlighten me.

To develop the stadium along with his stated aims, he could of course have simply provided more money in that way, knowing it wouldn't count against us rules wise, but by splitting the stadium from the club, while giving the club a long term lease, it's maybe a best of all worlds scenario.

P&S concerns are eased, Mel gains an tangible asset for his investment, albeit one that far from covers his investment so far in the event of things going tits up, the club gains a level of protection against strippers by taking the main asset out of play, and he can develop this idea to create England's largest all year round venue with the same amount of risk to his money, but with no risk to the football club.

If he can pull all these threads together and make it work he's a genius, although I can't see what would stop other clubs following our lead.

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If a manager works hard, puts his all into a job and it ultimately doesn’t work out, is he immune from criticism? Even if he brings through some good youth prospects? 

There’s no reason why we can’t come to a considered view on MM’s performance, just like we would with Cocu.

But a manager is under paid employ to do it with a raft of safety measures. Mel isnt. Mels exposure is mammoth compared to mangers and players. 

I hope he does a Maxwell and proper stiffs us, you'll maybe then understand.

3 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

But a manager is under paid employ to do it with a raft of safety measures. Mel isnt. Mels exposure is mammoth compared to mangers and players. 

Why would you hope he stiffs us?

Surely better it works to everyone's benefit?

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Go on then, don't be shy. 

So youre saying someone who has pumped circa £150million INTO a club should not be given any more slack than someone who, in financial terms is  another £million+ a year red mark on then balance sheet.

For me Blackman and Clement were the ones that had me scrunching my face over. The rest even though they didnt work out seemed decent at the time.

For me he's worthy of dothed cap. Nobody to a man would ever say it was better under GSE with £1 million marquee signings and no ambition. 

Each to their own. 

7 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If not, then where was the medium to long term strategic financial planning?

I guess the plan was promotion. If you spend enough, you go up Wolves, etc) but in our case, we didn’t quite spend enough and had a bit of bad luck (injuries, losing managers, managers that should have but didn’t work out, etc). It was a gamble that perhaps didn’t pay off. Ho hum. At least we had ambition. 

Reality is that we, the fans, are the heart of the club and if we went pop tomorrow and were playing down the racecourse we’d still get 15,000 turning up. It’d be a right laugh, let’s face it! 

Owners, Chairman, managers and players all come and go. The fans don’t. 

WE are Derby. 

41 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Just like a CEO’s exposure is mammoth compared to a factory worker’s.

So anyone who has even remotely criticised him deserves to see us shafted?

23 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

So youre saying someone who has pumped circa £150million INTO a club should not be given any more slack than someone who, in financial terms is  another £million+ a year red mark on then balance sheet.

For me Blackman and Clement were the ones that had me scrunching my face over. The rest even though they didnt work out seemed decent at the time.

For me he's worthy of dothed cap. Nobody to a man would ever say it was better under GSE with £1 million marquee signings and no ambition. 

Each to their own. 

Our best league position of the last decade was under them…

31 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Each to their own. 

“I hope he does a Maxwell and proper stiffs us” = facepalm 

21 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Reality is that we, the fans, are the heart of the club and if we went pop tomorrow and were playing down the racecourse we’d still get 15,000 turning up. It’d be a right laugh, let’s face it! 

And better Refs.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

“I hope he does a Maxwell and proper stiffs us” = facepalm 

I mean… he already owns the stadium now… and people think it’s a good thing and just clever accounting even AFTER he’s spoken of his plans for it!

Archived