EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Haven't read the article but, not sure a club finding a loophole can or should be punished. It should be frowned upon and the loophole closed but, surely finding a loophole means you've not actually broken any rules. 

Especially if the supposed loophole was approved in writing thus rendering it not a loophole at all. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

how would loophole be defined and the responsibility be on clubs to report them? We did something that the rules did not say we couldn't do....

In respect of the sale of the ground, I would go further and say the rules had been changed to actually allow it.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This is just crap, isn't it. There's no way we should be in this position. Legal fees are expensive, so if we lose then we're doubly ducked.

It all looks bad now, but when we inexplicably sneak up via the playoffs; utterly bizarrely win the FA Cup (through I imagine primarily own goals) AND win the legal battle - things will look rosier than they've ever looked before.

3 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

He has an impressive CV, including vs Leeds

"He acted for Italian sportswear manufacturer, Macron in its multi-million pound sponsorship dispute with Leeds United"

If anyone is interested you can see his full CV, click on the sport tab

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/barristers/nick-de-marco/

We'll ignore the bit when he was on the board at QPR

awkward waynes world GIF

12 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

I’d be interested in hearing Millwall’s reasoning as to why, but the others?

-Boro have had parachute payments which has helped them but surely no chairman at this stage should be promoting the ‘boom or bust’ approach that they went for?

-Bristol have the approach of ‘Sell, and for as high as you can’ which again isn’t achievable for every club.

Im not overly happy with what Derby did and I’ve said it many times, but the EFL and chairmen shouldn’t be interested in previous seasons now. It’s about making the league, and the clubs within it,  sustainable before we end up with a Bury situation I then championship. It’s unfortunate that they can’t see that. 

Boro conveniently forgetting Gibson used a “ loophole “ to sell Boro’s debts to one of his own companies possibly at a cost to the Taxpayer. Why aren’t the EFL investigating this. Potentially far more serious  

7 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Also worth noting Nick de Marco is representing us in the case Keogh has brought against us for unfair dismissal.  As for the EFL case, de Marco is experienced in going to CAS so expect this to run and run and run.

Yes, i still think if there is any punishment Mel will get CAS involved thought so all along.

9 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Also worth noting Nick de Marco is representing us in the case Keogh has brought against us for unfair dismissal.  As for the EFL case, de Marco is experienced in going to CAS so expect this to run and run and run.

He's also representing Sheffield Wednesday v EFL

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This is just crap, isn't it. There's no way we should be in this position. Legal fees are expensive, so if we lose then we're doubly ducked.

But if we win the EFL will be landed with our legal costs and may also face a law suit for malicious  prosecution.

Archived