EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

9 hours ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Abso-fkn-lutley. Eon, starbucks, Amazon, google even f’in Boots. They do so much dodgy stuff it’s incredible- that’s why MM, Cos he’s a business man, tries this stuff on. It’s standards business practise and I don’t blame him one bit. The naivety on some comments on his tactics make me laugh. 

He’s making calculated risks and some pay off and some don’t. But he knows exactly what he’s doing. 

So correct, its not peoples fault some just dont know how alot of the real business world works. You dont amass a fortune like mel by not knowing these sorts of standard business practices the only unfortunate thing is i doubt he has ever come up against such a bunch of uneducated muppets as the EFL. Alot of people think this is a new thing and is very clever accounting but this kind of thing has been going on in business since business began.i just wonder if the EFL are doing all this just because of gibson then at least they can say they have investigated it thus saving a case from boro and others.the ajustment was made and then signed off.if indeed they do try and do us gonna be intrested as to what the company that did our valuation have to say.the EFL could really be landing thereselfs in some really hot water with this one

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Man City having the book thrown at them by UEFA and the Premier League are about to do the same I think it proves no team is safe (except the untouchable West Ham).

I do suspect the EFL will make an example of us and give us a huge points deduction.

When you look at past sanctions for clubs for various rule breaches; Luton (30 points), Bury (12 points and sent to oblivion), Birmingham (9 points), QPR (No points, big fine), West Ham (No points and pathetic fine);

They show massive inconsistencies in punishments and also shows they do what they feel like depending on the club, not crime.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

As far as I am aware no team that has been charged re FFP irregularities has been cleared so I for one am worried about the outcome....

While i totally understand how you are thinking i strongly believe that this is a one of a kind case compared to the others being fairly straightforward. And there are some very serious factors that could well see the FA in hot water. If they do go ahead with this and it is based upon the valuation i suspect they will not just see us in court but also the rather large company that we used to value the stadium.if you think the EFL would basically be saying that the company is not able to do there job. That would have HUGE implications.

2 hours ago, Ramslaar said:

So correct, its not peoples fault some just dont know how alot of the real business world works. You dont amass a fortune like mel by not knowing these sorts of standard business practices the only unfortunate thing is i doubt he has ever come up against such a bunch of uneducated muppets as the EFL. Alot of people think this is a new thing and is very clever accounting but this kind of thing has been going on in business since business began.i just wonder if the EFL are doing all this just because of gibson then at least they can say they have investigated it thus saving a case from boro and others.the ajustment was made and then signed off.if indeed they do try and do us gonna be intrested as to what the company that did our valuation have to say.the EFL could really be landing thereselfs in some really hot water with this one

Also to add if there was an ajustment request then surely they would also have had in valued.this would surely make this water tight if we then amended to the price in which they told us it is.

18 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

While i totally understand how you are thinking i strongly believe that this is a one of a kind case compared to the others being fairly straightforward. And there are some very serious factors that could well see the FA in hot water. If they do go ahead with this and it is based upon the valuation i suspect they will not just see us in court but also the rather large company that we used to value the stadium.if you think the EFL would basically be saying that the company is not able to do there job. That would have HUGE implications.

Perhaps the EFL are thinking along the lines "We'll shoot for a big punishment and let the panel reduce it and DCFC will think we got *5-9???* points not 21 and that's a win" and thus the process doesn't drag on. I strongly suspect however that MM is of the "this process is unlawful, damages my business and goes against the previous position of the organization bringing the charges. As such, I will seek appropriate recompense through whatever means are available". Good point about the valuing company, they could suffer reputational damage and also seek damages.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Perhaps the EFL are thinking along the lines "We'll shoot for a big punishment and let the panel reduce it and DCFC will think we got *5-9???* points not 21 and that's a win" and thus the process doesn't drag on. I strongly suspect however that MM is of the "this process is unlawful, damages my business and goes against the previous position of the organization bringing the charges. As such, I will seek appropriate recompense through whatever means are available". Good point about the valuing company, they could suffer reputational damage and also seek damages.

I can deffo say mel will not at all take this lying down(unless of course we have done something wrong) there is far to much at stake. He will fight this with all he has i can assure you.whether he wins or not we will have to wait and see.we need to gather collectively as a club and fans and fight these bamfords till the end.......long live the rams!!!!

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We have been told that we have done nothing wrong and if that is the case then we should totally fight any sanction no matter what it is 

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

As far as I am aware no team that has been charged re FFP irregularities has been cleared so I for one am worried about the outcome....

This is the thing that bothers me .. the EFL seem to be judge jury and executioner. Its the sort of parental response to  .. Why?

and the answer is - "Because I said so"  ?

Why is the popular opinion to agonise over what the potential outcomes could be and then second guess what Mel Morris would do in every scenario?

Chill and wait until the verdict is actually delivered and then we'll all know the size of what we are having to deal with (or not as the case might also be)

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Why is the popular opinion to agonise over what the potential outcomes could be and then second guess what Mel Morris would do in every scenario?

Chill and wait until the verdict is actually delivered and then we'll all know the size of what we are having to deal with (or not as the case might also be)

Why do people predict scores, lineups, talk about the game pre-match, etc? Why not wait until the game has finished first?

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why do people predict scores, lineups, talk about the game pre-match, etc? Why not wait until the game has finished first?

Or at least until the team has been announced and express despair again about the selection of Lawrence. ?

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There isn't the same amount of hand wringing about the potential outcomes though is there. Or the second guessing of every potential outcome or making statements by proxy for the owner saying what he will do for every such scenario. And so on. 

Let the process take it's course then we will actually know the size of what we are going to have to deal with rather than all of the above. 

52 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There isn't the same amount of hand wringing about the potential outcomes though is there. Or the second guessing of every potential outcome or making statements by proxy for the owner saying what he will do for every such scenario. And so on. 

Let the process take it's course then we will actually know the size of what we are going to have to deal with rather than all of the above. 

Maybe the topic interests some people. Why shouldn’t people talk about a talk about a topic because it doesn’t interest you?

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Maybe the topic interests some people. Why shouldn’t people talk about a talk about a topic because it doesn’t interest you?

We're not talking about anything tangible or quantifiable though again are we, just a series of ifs and buts and maybes.

When posters start saying what Mel Morris will or won't do as if they have some inside line into his machinations then it adds the same credence to the same posts which are subsequently locked on the transfer forum which go along the lines of my mate down the pub told me that he saw blah blah shopping in Waitrose at the weekend....

36 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We're not talking about anything tangible or quantifiable though again are we, just a series of ifs and buts and maybes.

When posters start saying what Mel Morris will or won't do as if they have some inside line into his machinations then it adds the same credence to the same posts which are subsequently locked on the transfer forum which go along the lines of my mate down the pub told me that he saw blah blah shopping in Waitrose at the weekend....

And how do you know they dont have credible inside knowledge. At the end of the day if you dont like people talking about it just read it. Its like when people get affended you can choose not to listen to the people saying the said afence

Archived