EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Chartered Accountant and regular expert witness I have read a lot of legal statements and affidavits. Having read the club’s statement it is clear that the words have been thoroughly considered and carefully chosen, probably well in advance of the charge being brought, to be absolutely factually accurate whilst at the same time sending the strongest possible “Duck off” message to the EFL. After an awful day at work it cheered me up no end. COYR.

O....M....G....  Mel only goes and rhymes with EFL!!!

Tomorrows gonna be a hoot!!  ?

EIEIEIO
Off to duck the EFL we go.
When we're in the courtroom, this is what we'll sing...
We are Derby, We are Derby, Morris is our king!

We love Uncle Mel,
We love Uncle Mel,
We love Uncle Mel, Duck the EFL, we love Uncle Mel.

(To the Duck the EFL tune)

He's Bald.  He's Mel.  He'll duck the EFL. Uncle Mel, Uncle Mel.
(To the tune of He's fat, he's round, he can't get off the ground, Kenny Burns, Kenny Burns)

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Petition to get the Harry Wilson - £50million song going tomorrow

Pride Park Stadium, probably worth £80millionnnn ?

*idea may or may not have been borrowed from Twitter

Think I’ve nailed it...

Pride Park Stadium, probably worth £80million

Mel Morris is ducking brilliant...

duck the EFL

To quote an Owls fan on their forum...

"The EFL are an utter joke! Good to know it's not just us trying to find ways of competing with parachute payment clubs."

Surely it's just a matter of time Premier League becomes 2 divisions? The EFL are incompetent. Duck off Parry you Lord of the Bamfords.

My prediction is the "Independent panel" issue a sanction in line with what the EFL want, followed by an almighty legal battle that DCFC mostly win, but still suffer a lot of damage.

A messy fight ahead with lots of lawyers making a lot of money and @David getting rich ff the clicks.

Actually....who stands to gain the most...owners of Derby County online fan forums.

Just imagine the moment in court when it's revealed that all the "OK, yes do that it's cool" emails are traced to an IP address in the Humberside area and were never sent by the EFL at all.

It's the Interflora plot to kill Diana all over again.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I hope Mel cleans them up. It's about time a club called them out and beat them.

If other fans put aside their loyalties, they would probably wish the same. Their manner of dealing with clubs in financial trouble, shows how incompetent they can be on a whole level of topics.

30 minutes ago, Coolascustard said:

“The EFL now claims it made a mistake and seeks to punish the Club that relied on the EFL’s approval”

Basics of Contract Law - you cant benefit from your own default.

I know nothing about contract law but twenty minutes of reading has led me to the pithy phrase 'actionable misrepresentation'.  Should be fairly easy to get it into a chant somewhere ?

2 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I know nothing about contract law but twenty minutes of reading has led me to the pithy phrase 'actionable misrepresentation'.  Should be fairly easy to get it into a chant somewhere ?

?

Der Der Der Der 

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio

Der Der Der Der 

Ex turpi causa non oritur actio

?

3 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

"(Something, something) actionable misrepresentation
(Something, something) player amortisation"

It practically writes itself

Let's not be under any illusion here, the EFL are not going to withdraw their charges so our fate is still in the hands of an 'independent' panel.

Even if they were to rule against us though, given the wording of the statement, I'm pretty sure MM would be confident enough to take the matter further and successfully win the case.

Would absolutely love to see us counter claim but dont see that happening. 

The fact the club has received written acceptance from the EFL, has to conclude with “Nothing to see here people” the fact they are now stating that they’ve made a mistake doesn’t allow them to chase us on differing grounds. 
We’ve adhered to and operated within their guidelines and have written confirmation, heads will have to roll with the EFLs Ivory Towers. 

They've picked a fight with the wrong Chairman here, Go get em Mel!

COYR ? 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Let's not be under any illusion here, the EFL are not going to withdraw their charges so our fate is still in the hands of an 'independent' panel.

Even if they were to rule against us though, given the wording of the statement, I'm pretty sure MM would be confident enough to take the matter further and successfully win the case.

Would absolutely love to see us counter claim but dont see that happening. 

You see, no twenty minutes reading is ever wasted as I can now help out.  'Actionable misrepresentation' is essentially where one party tells the other something which is incorrect (either fraudulently, negligently or innocently) which causes them to enter into the contract (of which submitting accounts would be part of that process).  The actionable bit means we could claim damages arising from losses caused by the misrepresentation.  Wouldn't even need to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport as it's in English Law.

I'm now off to read about accountancy for twenty minutes, bound to have completed it in that time.

Archived