EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

You see, no twenty minutes reading is ever wasted as I can now help out.  'Actionable misrepresentation' is essentially where one party tells the other something which is incorrect (either fraudulently, negligently or innocently) which causes them to enter into the contract (of which submitting accounts would be part of that process).  The actionable bit means we could claim damages arising from losses caused by the misrepresentation.  Wouldn't even need to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport as it's in English Law.

I'm now off to read about accountancy for twenty minutes, bound to have completed it in that time.

Uncle Mel can smell ? and lots of it, we could use that compensation to help balance the next round of accounts. Thank you very much “Smoggy Gibson” and the EFL our bank details will be with you in due course ????

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If the EFL were pushed by Gibson and we win the coming legal fight I hope Mel ruins him 

If the EFL were pushed by Gibson, and I believe that he has influenced them, I just can’t think what he must have on them for them to backtrack on their initial approval of our plans, it makes me wonder just exactly how independent the independent panel looking into this fiasco will actually be. 

1 hour ago, philmycocu said:

Surely it's just a matter of time Premier League becomes 2 divisions? 

I used to hold that belief. But the idea of the Premier League releasing it's own streaming service is a no brainier and the potential upside is enormous. Clubs would be daft to not push for this instead of a breakaway league. 

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Cue chants of 'Duck the EFLLLLLLL' tomorrow. Can't wait. COYR.

We need to be chanting "We ducking hate Boro, we ducking hate Boro, we ducking hate, we ducking hate Boro".

No point in hating the EFL, hate the instigators, hate the vain bloke Gibson with his died hair who is causing all the trouble.

"Gibson......the pink seated ground's to big for you........the pink seated ground's to big for you......the pink seated ground's to big for you"...........

14 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

M. Morris Property Valuation Services Ltd

When you're tired and weary your heart'll miss a beat,

You'll get your ducking stadium valued by M. Morris Property Valuation Services Ltd, as you walk down Shaftesbury Street, etc

1 hour ago, Coolascustard said:

“The EFL now claims it made a mistake and seeks to punish the Club that relied on the EFL’s approval”

Basics of Contract Law - you cant benefit from your own default.

Thought we did alright when Tom Lawerence got suspended though .

25 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

If the EFL were pushed by Gibson, and I believe that he has influenced them, I just can’t think what he must have on them for them to backtrack on their initial approval of our plans, it makes me wonder just exactly how independent the independent panel looking into this fiasco will actually be. 

I suspect the panel view it as their job to decide the sanction, not the case, as the EFL are obviously right, and, it's our job to beg for mercy.

That's hy i think we'll be sanctioned and fight it legally as well as appealing through the EFL mechanism.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I suspect the panel view it as their job to decide the sanction, not the case, as the EFL are obviously right, and, it's our job to beg for mercy.

That's hy i think we'll be sanctioned and fight it legally as well as appealing through the EFL mechanism.

If that were the case surely the EFL statement wouldn't have referenced the panel hearing representations from both the EFL and DCFC and would have instead talked of mitigation from DCFC?  I'm sure it's also a very weak model that would be unsustainable.

Archived