EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

23 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

There's nothing 'dodgy' about what we've done at all. Mel's played a blinder and the it's the EFL whose conduct should be called into question.  Likewise your inference that our accounting processes are somehow, 'immoral'. Care to justify that statement?

The club has been completely transparent in terms of its accounting processes, all of which appear to have been signed off by the EFL. Mel also offered to open his books to Gibson who declined and instead ran to the EFL to try and coerce them into applying some form of retrospective sanctions on a club that did nothing wrong other than deny his shambolic outfit a play-off slot. If anyone has acted poorly, it's Gibson and the EFL.

Yup, good precis for me. Tell y'all what, it's going to be interesting - Mel has been brewing on this topic for a while and I would be very surprised if he hasn't been doing a bit of bedtime reading well before yesterday.

Personally, I don't think I've ever been prouder to be a Derby fan than when I saw the statement from the club - basically saying that we did all that was asked of us and we're not now going to abide by some trumped up post-factum charge just because we're cleverer than they are and found ways around the rules they set.

This one could get very interesting indeed.....

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I guess it’s not in the “spirit of the rules” as I’ve seen a few others band about. Now As I’ve said before I fundamentally disagree with the existence of FFP and the “spirit of its rules”.

Fair do's buddy but when the likes of Leeds moan about what is and is not within the “spirit of the rules” I usually require a change of underwear.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Could there be further issues to come with regards to Rooney?

by declaring Rooney as a player coach are Derby intending to get half of his wages excluded from ffp calcs and exploit another loophole? 
Will rooney’s actual role - and the possible ffp implications - yet also come under future scrutiny .

Has he actually done his badges? 

Hasn't it already been stated multiple times that his wages are not simply 50/50? I thought I saw somewhere this was explained as early "thoughts" or rather fans jokes seemed to think it would be 50p for players and the other many thousands as a coach. This was rubbished early on I believe.

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Fair do's buddy but when the likes of Leeds moan about what is and is not within the “spirit of the rules” I usually require a change of underwear.

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong, glass houses and all that! Leeds can’t say poo about the spirit of rules after spy gate! Ditto Gibson.

50 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Petition to get the Harry Wilson - £50million song going tomorrow

Pride Park Stadium, probably worth £80millionnnn ?

*idea may or may not have been borrowed from Twitter

Mel Morris is fookin brilliant and he hates forest. 

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Could there be further issues to come with regards to Rooney?

by declaring Rooney as a player coach are Derby intending to get half of his wages excluded from ffp calcs and exploit another loophole? 
Will rooney’s actual role - and the possible ffp implications - yet also come under future scrutiny .

Has he actually done his badges? 

We do not get FFP help with his wages that only applies L1 and below , Rooney is taking his badges now

5 minutes ago, KBB said:

Hasn't it already been stated multiple times that his wages are not simply 50/50? I thought I saw somewhere this was explained as early "thoughts" or rather fans jokes seemed to think it would be 50p for players and the other many thousands as a coach. This was rubbished early on I believe.

It’s a misreading of the EFL rules. The 50/50 thing only applies to league 1 and 2, where clubs are limited to a 70% wages to turnover ratio and what percentage of wages ‘count’ is a thing.  It’s irrelevant to us in the championship.

whether it might apply to us next season is unclear at this stage ?.

19 minutes ago, KBB said:

Hasn't it already been stated multiple times that his wages are not simply 50/50? I thought I saw somewhere this was explained as early "thoughts". This was rubbished early on I believe.

17 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

We do not get FFP help with his wages that only applies L1 and below

10 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It’s a misreading of the EFL rules. The 50/50 thing only applies to league 1 and 2, where clubs are limited to a 70% wages to turnover ratio and what percentage of wages ‘count’ is a thing.  It’s irrelevant to us in the championship.

Hopefully you’re all right. They’ll be scrutinising everything from here on. 
Feels like when we got kicked out of Europe for “accounting irregularities “ or whatever they called it.

26 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The EFL surely has to respond to the statement to retain any credibility. 

The likes of talksport should be pushing them for an interview to answer the points raised,  in fact radio Derby should be doing the same.......

Yeah - let Ramage interview them - they'd be bamboozled in next to no time into giving up, just to get rid of him

Archived