EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Interesting that there's another charge related to amortisation. Isn't that where the players' values get reduced on the balance sheet as their contracts wears down? 

Amortisation is the exact reason we give extra year contracts to dross we don’t want. It’s a ridiculous rule to begin with. But again, was signed off, done it for years...

12 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Statement has been released.

Seems like Mel has whipped out the 50 cal and is taking no prisoners.

I honestly don't know why some fans are against Mel. He's poured millions into the club and only has the best interests at heart. If he doesn't spend money, he'll be slated. He spends money and gets slated. Go figure.

50 cal. A fine weapon. 

14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Wow. No reason not to believe that. 

Admitting they made a mistake and still charging us. Has to be down to pressure from the likes if Boro. Rather than take it on the chin they are trying to deflect the blame.

Well that sorts that out, let’s get on with our season 

they have nothing on us reading that, literally nothing 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Derby were going to go with the usual claptrap 'we contest it, we are innocent, will fight and make no further comment' etc, that would have come out at 9am this morning.

The silence suggests to me something bigger is coming, whether it is an announcement we are counter claiming, announcment of investment along with denial of charge.

Imagine the meetings that have been taking place between Mel, potential new investors, legal teams etc today.  Remember that 'War Room' we were told about, they are getting ready for battle.

Lottery numbers please, will share ?

The optimist in me thinks this might work out brilliantly. My understanding is that we do player amortisation non-linearly - i.e. we put more value in to the final year, which means we take a big hit when a contract ends and a player leaves for free, but less of a hit in the early years.

If EFL have previously agreed this, but now claim it should be linear, we could go back and readjust our accounts for previous years to the clarified rules, with a larger loss, leaving a smaller amount this year (for players such as Anya).

And because we have written evidence from EFL that it was previously allowed, they shouldn't be able to successfully charge us for FFP losses, even if under the new amortisation rules our loss is more than £39m.

Pretty unlikely I know, but Gibson would explode if we did it. 

The posters on the Wednesday forums made a good point regarding who pays if we win a case against the EFL regarding who would actually pay out if we successfully sued them. Does the EFl actually have any money. I know they are registered as a company with accounts on companies house, but do they actually have any cash reserves or do they just get it from the other member clubbs?

Archived