v Hull City (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/01/2020 at 00:25, Millenniumram said:

Will be a tough game this. Hull have some damn good attacking talent, and have had a decent season so far. Very strong side. But, if you’re gonna do anything in this division, you’ve gotta be getting wins in your home games, so this really needs to be an efficient three points to us if we want to show we’ve turned a corner. Team for me:

Roos

Bogle Wisdom Davies Lowe

Bird Rooney

Holmes Lawrence Knight

Martin

Roos in for Hamer because the latter simply cannot pass. We can’t keep conceding possession as often as we do from goal kicks, and his slow play on the ball is harming our play out from the back. Roos is much better on the ball, and Hamer hasn’t looked much better off it, so think overall Roos has to have the shirt. Centre half is one I’m sure no one will agree with... but I can’t help but feel we’re a bit slow and ponderous with both Clarke and Davies in there. We seem to get cut open too often through the middle because we lack pace In recovery at the core of our defence, and I think that’s a big part of us conceding so many penalties. Wisdom isn’t exactly Tomori, but he’s a fair bit more mobile and he’s got experience in centre half. So I really would be tempted to put him in there and see if it improves things, while we wait for a new centre half. Harsh on Clarke to leave him out as I do rate him, but someone has to miss out, and for the sake of my anxiety with some of his tackles I’ve chosen him!

In terms of the rest of the team, Rooney obviously retains his place as captain, but his performances need to be much better than he showed today. I’m sure Cocu will tell him he expects better, and I’m sure Wayne himself knows that wasn’t up to scratch today. Lawrence gets his last chance for me, has to show some fight or he’s shown the door. Waghorn had a poor game down to his bank first touch, so Martin gets the nod over him for me. He’s much better at holding the ball up still.

Cocu did! (Well the logic of putting Wisdom in anyway)

And you lot tell I don’t know what I’m talking about ?

Wed better win now! Lineup is understandable to me.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Love that Andre is at centre-half. Think he will impress today.

A bit worried about the midfield two of Rooney and Huddlestone. Not much mobility in there at all.

True but Knight & Holmes should provide plenty. Also interested to see Wisdom at CB, didnt deserve to be dropped for Boro but getting him & Bogle into the team could work well.

Also disappointed not to see Bird start, he's been great recently. Maybe Wisdom's inclusion has caused that with Huddlestone in as extra insurance for an experimental CB partnership.

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Love that Andre is at centre-half. Think he will impress today.

A bit worried about the midfield two of Rooney and Huddlestone. Not much mobility in there at all.

That's probably the point, that back four has plenty of pace between them, the two in front will be expected to shield rather than break up the pitch. Let's the fullbacks push up without sacrificing the defensive side of the team 

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Don't necessarily agree with team or see the logic behind it but don't know about the impact of  injuries/fitness, and also a bit drunk so...

Probably,  what about you?

Archived