• Created
  • Last Reply

Hamer

Bogle   Bielik   Clarke   Lowe

Huddlestone Bird

Holmes Rooney Knight

Marriott

Subs: Waghorn, Roos, Martin, Sibley, Davies, Wisdom, Lawrence

For all the back and forth on Lawrence, he doesn't deserve to be in the team based on his individual performances and our team performances with him in & out of the side. How he was selected ahead of Sibley after their respective performances at Palace makes no sense at all.

Unlucky on Wisdom, however at home I would play Bogle & Wisdom away currently.

17 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I’ll have had a couple of scoops DrakFruits, I do try not to swear at a game but can’t guarantee it?

As will I, but I manage to contain myself as I sit next to an elderly gent.?

15 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Do you get the train over mate I’ll be travelling from Romiley

For home games, I usually get the train from Manchester Piccadilly into Tutbury and Hatton (closest to home and cheapest), have a quick bite to eat and head to the pub to get the coach to Pride Park.

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

As will I, but I manage to contain myself as I sit next to an elderly gent.?

For home games, I usually get the train from Manchester Piccadilly into Tutbury and Hatton (closest to home and cheapest), have a quick bite to eat and head to the pub to get the coach to Pride Park.

I’d have had to distance myself anyway, I’ve seen the cider pics you’ve posted ?

15 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

South West Corner

Sat towards corner in West Stand last time, cheers OP that’s the winner I believe. Any moaning I’ll ignore, happy to clap ?. Even Tom if he starts, white shirt ?

Hamer

Wisdom Davies Clarke Lowe

Bielik

Bird         Knight 

Rooney 

Marriott*    Martin

Waggy in Marriott if not fit

Wisdom has shown better form offensively and defensively over the past few games.

Bielik in for Lawerence 

Marriott to stretch them to allow Rooney, Knight and Martin into the pockets 

Playing Martin is important at home where the ball has to stick when their defence is set so he can feed Rooney and Marriott 

Rooney further forward for some goal threat we desperately need 

8 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Hamer

Wisdom Davies Clarke Lowe

Bielik

Bird         Knight 

Rooney 

Marriott*    Martin

Waggy in Marriott if not fit

Wisdom has shown better form offensively and defensively over the past few games.

Bielik in for Lawerence 

Marriott to stretch them to allow Rooney, Knight and Martin into the pockets 

Playing Martin is important at home where the ball has to stick when their defence is set so he can feed Rooney and Marriott 

Rooney further forward for some goal threat we desperately need 

Definitely Wisdom in at RB - i could see Grosicki giving Bogle a bit of a chasing down Hulls' left.

I would like to see Rooney play up front because if he gets the chances others get it will be in the back of the net.

Hamer

Wisdom  Davies   Clarke   Lowe

Biliek      Bird

Knight   Sibley    Holmes

Rooney 

On 12/01/2020 at 06:55, RamNut said:

Hamer

Bogle.    Davies.     Clarke.      Lowe

Rooney.     Bird

holmes.         Knight.       Sibley

Marriott

Having watched the Boro game......

Hamer

Wisdom.    Davies.     Clarke.      Lowe

Bird

holmes.         Knight.       Sibley

Martin        Marriott

Roos

Bogle  Davies Clarke Lowe

Bielik

Holmes     Knight

Rooney

Martin   Marriott

Hamer, Wisdom, Forsyth, Bird, Sibley, Huddlestone and Waghorn

For me

Would love to see Martin holding it up feeding Rooney, who in turn has the runs of Marriott to thread it through to or the runs of Knight and Holmes coming from deeper.

My only contentions are

Roos or Hamer  - not much in it for me so I prefer to give our player game time over a loanee

Bogle or Wisdom - I think Bogle will be better - but kudos for Wisdom for current form, this one is really close for me maybe it should be Wisdom so as to not burst his bubble

Bielik or Bird - Another close call - the form is with Bird the quality should be with Beilik, but only seen glimpses so far,

From a team point of view it leans me toward Bogle and Beilik as I would encourage a more 3-4-1-2 when we have the ball.

9 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Roos

Bogle  Davies Clarke Lowe

Bielik

Holmes     Knight

Rooney

Martin   Marriott

Hamer, Wisdom, Forsyth, Bird, Sibley, Huddlestone and Waghorn

For me

Would love to see Martin holding it up feeding Rooney, who in turn has the runs of Marriott to thread it through to or the runs of Knight and Holmes coming from deeper.

My only contentions are

Roos or Hamer  - not much in it for me so I prefer to give our player game time over a loanee

Bogle or Wisdom - I think Bogle will be better - but kudos for Wisdom for current form, this one is really close for me maybe it should be Wisdom so as to not burst his bubble

Bielik or Bird - Another close call - the form is with Bird the quality should be with Beilik, but only seen glimpses so far,

From a team point of view it leans me toward Bogle and Beilik as I would encourage a more 3-4-1-2 when we have the ball.

This is a pretty fair assessment in my view. I would suggest that out of Bogle and Wisdom, Bogle is better offensively and Wisdom is better defensively. With a front five of Holmes, Knight, Rooney, Martin and Marriott I think I would have Wisdom at RB in my team to (1) reduce the threat from Grosicki and (2) give Max Lowe more freedom to push forward.

As hard as it is on Max Bird, who has done well, I would also, like you, pick Bielik as DM.

Whether the team on which we broadly agree will bear any resemblance to Saturday's starting eleven remains to be seen. Somehow I can't see Cocu leaving Lawrence out of the squad completely unless he's injured or sold.

On 12/01/2020 at 07:23, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

That’s Holmes first goal since 2018 and has no assists this season. 

I’d beg to differ. 

Just becuase he doesn't get goals or assists doesn't mean we should play him in the holding role over Bird, Huddlestone and potentially Shinnie and Rooney , he is an attacking player, he creates chances and helps the team drive forward personally would play him RM/ right attacking mid in either a 4231 or 4411 with Rooney in behind Marriott.  He can't defend that well and has hardly any physical presence, yes he can make the odd tackle but I would personally rather see a Huddlestone ,Bird partnership in a 4231.

Archived