v Hull City (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, JasonDix1 said:

Nice to see we got biggest attendances in the Championship this weekend ? (source: fanbanter.co.uk)

Apparently Sheffield Wednesday had 23000, their stadium looked half empty! Cant tell me they only had 4000 less than us. Lucky to have such consistently high attendances. 

5 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Apparently Sheffield Wednesday had 23000, their stadium looked half empty! Cant tell me they only had 4000 less than us. Lucky to have such consistently high attendances. 

I mean their stadium holds more than ours, so it will look emptier with less people in it. 

19 minutes ago, Srg said:

I mean their stadium holds more than ours, so it will look emptier with less people in it. 

I think all know Hillsborough, but thanks for that great insight. 

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

I believe in possession based football, but not the endless side wards and backwards passing.

to me, that’s the footballing equivalent of cricket.

its so boring that I start to nod off and miss the vital moment when something interesting happens.

England ALWAYS send me to sleep.

On this debate I think it's all about moving the ball quickly and having possession with purpose. I don't mind sideways passing but I do mind ponderous football. The first thought of every player should be "can I play it forward quickly?" With Clement opposition players could stand between Derby players and our own goal and win the ball off us because they knew the Derby player would turn backwards as their first move, even if there was space in front of them.

Mount didn't deliver enough for Derby because he was injured too much, after turning out in the Chelsea game when he was already injured. That stuffed him and cost us, but you could still see what a special talent he was because he was always looking forwards. What I love about Sibley is his first thought is always forward too. I think he'll be such a main player for us by the end of the season or next year.

If  you can get the opposition out of shape by moving the ball from side to side in a couple of seconds that's good football. If it takes 10 seconds it's not. And it would have been better to take a risk with a more offensive pass. Taking risks is a vital part of the game in the attacking third.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

On this debate I think it's all about moving the ball quickly and having possession with purpose. I don't mind sideways passing but I do mind ponderous football. The first thought of every player should be "can I play it forward quickly?" .

Yet Cocu chooses Waghorn over Martin. 

Or, if you like he chooses Whittaker over Sibley.

30 minutes ago, goldstar said:

They should've stayed the whole game to beat the traffic... 

image.thumb.png.b9f4e5baa7f3e4a16f7e258e0fd48ca1.png

22 hours ago, desirelines said:

Just watched the game on RamsTV. Sorry if this has already been discussed, but – despite not offering much goal threat – I think Waghorn had a really good game. 

That was the first game, imo, that Waghorn has played the target man role and actually delivered. 

As you say, there's still much to be improved upon when it comes to our teeth in the final third but it shows he is progressing in adapting his game. 

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

That was the first game, imo, that Waghorn has played the target man role and actually delivered. 

Yeah. We all know he's a good presser, got bags of energy, makes good runs. But I was impressed with how many 50/50s he won from long-balls, playing with his back to goal. Just need him to improve his play in and around the opposition area now. 

Archived