v Hull City (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

I was watching the Robbie Savage interview with RamsTV earlier and he mentioned Clough used to give him near enough whole weeks off at a time and told him to just come in on the Friday for the tactical meetings, so I did think maybe Rooney had been given the same luxury by Cocu. But then I remembered he's also a coach so it would be a little strange for him to be home resting rather than helping with training, even if he needed a rest from the physical side of things.  

His coaching work, afaik, is with the younger players. So if he was off doing some work in that area during the photos he wouldn't be around the first team.

On 15/01/2020 at 08:33, Ghost of Clough said:

Well in most systems nowadays, it's the full backs who're most responsible for crossing. Interestingly, Lawrence puts in more crosses per game than any other player except for Bird (6 crosses in 4 games) and Rooney (3 crosses in 2 games)

But he takes the corners.

Can not wait, great feeling about the match tomorrow, think everyone connected with Derby will be up for this players, management and most of all us the fans, let's get the win, sing our hearts out and stick 2 fingers up at the EFL,  think we will win this 2-0, and hope Rooney gets on the score sheet, let's make it 6 unbeaten, Derby till we die. 

5 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Can not wait, great feeling about the match tomorrow, think everyone connected with Derby will be up for this players, management and most of all us the fans, let's get the win, sing our hearts out and stick 2 fingers up at the EFL,  think we will win this 2-0, and hope Rooney gets on the score sheet, let's make it 6 unbeaten, Derby till we die. 

I agree. It was looking like the atmosphere might be a bit  flat after the injustice of the weeks events but the clubs rallying call has certainly lifted my mood. I hope it's had a similar effect on the players and we come out all guns blazing. COYR. 

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Aren’t we due a Lawrence 1 in 10 day?

If he’s only a 1 in 10, then we’ll have to wait until next season. Huddersfield and Boro (home) we’re standout performances. Preston, Barnsley, QPR and Luton were very good as well, with a number of average performances, and several poor ones. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I fancy us to win today, it's not something that I feel often. I wonder if Bowen will even play with the amount of interest surrounding him. 

Hopefully he won't play but if he does then he may be distracted by all the attention. We need to keep him quiet one way or the other. 

Archived