Players not paid on time

12 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

David already confirmed a page or so back that non playing staff were paid.

Not doubting @David word but, as far as I am aware, he is not in an official capacity in the club to be confirming this.

If the club do wish to confirm this surely it should be done through official channels. Based on the fact that they haven't even commented, I am guessing they are viewing this as a non story too.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Or players are entirely different than PAYE staff elsewhere within the business. Stop reaching for the absolute worst case scenario.

This.

if I ran a business with two very different classifications of staff (people on normal annual salaries and people on ridiculous weekly salaries), I’d have two different systems to pay them. 

You can probably pay the non playing staff quite easily without any cash flow concerns, so you just let that get dealt with without too many checks and measures.

whereas the playing staff will have goal bonuses and more complicated tax implications, and probably needs to be rubber stamped by a human being before it’s approved.

Something’s gone wrong with one of those systems. 

mira probably something as simple as the person who deals with the players wages has been on his Christmas holidays and has forgotten to leave it in the hands of someone else. These are all just people that do a job, and people aren’t perfect, they can make rooster ups, and I’m sure he’ll get a slap on the wrist for it. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

This.

if I ran a business with two very different classifications of staff (people on normal annual salaries and people on ridiculous weekly salaries), I’d have two different systems to pay them. 

You can probably pay the non playing staff quite easily without any cash flow concerns, so you just let that get dealt with without too many checks and measures.

whereas the playing staff will have goal bonuses and more complicated tax implications, and probably needs to be rubber stamped by a human being before it’s approved.

Something’s gone wrong with one of those systems. 

mira probably something as simple as the person who deals with the players wages has been on his Christmas holidays and has forgotten to leave it in the hands of someone else. These are all just people that do a job, and people aren’t perfect, they can make rooster ups, and I’m sure he’ll get a slap on the wrist for it. 

I've had the mis-fortune of seeing a few players wage slips in my time and knowing a few players and some non-playing staff (inc. FD's and accounting) 

24 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

It won't be announced. Just because it was meant to be completed doesn't mean it has to be announced. Why would we want to tell all the clubs that we have more money to spend and get ripped off?

It will be announced, perhaps not by the club directly but there will be notification either via a new share issue at Companies House or if it is existing shares being transferred then there will be a change on Companies House to reflect who has 'Significant control'.

With a large investment you'd almost certainly want a place on the board too, again which would be visible on Companies House.

None of this has happened, yet. 

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

@David is there any chance of locking this thread for 24hrs. It's quite a depressing subject on what should be a really positive day for the club. It's just too much for a fragile , emotional, happy clapper like me.

skysports-wayne-rooney-derby_4879357.thumb.jpg.dabf9dffb69f50c4771a788373b96ce6.jpg

I agree we shouldn’t spoil the Rooney day. 

Just now, The Arch Deacon said:

I've had the mis-fortune of seeing a few players wage slips in my time and knowing a few players and some non-playing staff (inc. FD's and accounting) 

Sorry! Posted prematurely!

I was going to go on and say, there is absoulutely no difference between the pay-role of playing v non-playing staff. The flexible element such as win bonuses, appearance bonuses etc... makes no odds. Much like commission for selling double-glazing. To seperate out the pay-role is not necessary, and i beleive, is itself an issue of accounting covered under the FA rules.

5 minutes ago, td_evans said:

It will be announced, perhaps not by the club directly but there will be notification either via a new share issue at Companies House or if it is existing shares being transferred then there will be a change on Companies House to reflect who has 'Significant control'.

With a large investment you'd almost certainly want a place on the board too, again which would be visible on Companies House.

None of this has happened, yet. 

Didn't this happen back in October? I don't pretend to be an expert on these things so they could be unrelated.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-directors-mel-morris-3410688

1 hour ago, metalsheep02 said:

Does the club bank with Lloyds?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50965339

Don't know but I do, and couldn't pay for ice skating at Bretby Garden Centre on line this morning!

All sorted now, bit of a panic actually because ive decided to take the grandkids skating this afternoon to stop me drinking too early in excitement over someone who goes by the name of Wayne Rooney.... 

Archived