Players not paid on time

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

Don't think the article mentioned the staff? If that's the case then Mel has some serious explaining to do, it's not acceptable.

Staff have been paid on time, before anyone suggests I’m on the payroll I’m not, but I do know they have been paid.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David said:

Staff have been paid on time, before anyone suggests I’m on the payroll I’m not, but I do know they have been paid.

How strange, you would think a companies pay roll would go through all at the same time, with the usual cut off for expenses etc.

The bank holiday theory would make more sense if no one at all had got paid, you would think.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

How strange, you would think a companies pay roll would go through all at the same time, with the usual cut off for expenses etc.

The bank holiday theory would make more sense if no one at all had got paid, you would think.

It’s difficult to say, football club accounts are not straight forward, without knowing the systems or where the money for what comes in and out, automatically or push of a button there’s really no point in even speculating. 

The money is most likely in the players accounts now, for this to drop on “Rooney Day” is disappointing but at the same time we have a choice of how the day goes, do we try and pour more fuel on this fire and freak out over whats probably a non story as we have seen before or look forward to the game? I know what I’ll be doing. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

It’s difficult to say, football club accounts are not straight forward, without knowing the systems or where the money for what comes in and out, automatically or push of a button there’s really no point in even speculating. 

The money is most likely in the players accounts now, for this to drop on “Rooney Day” is disappointing but at the same time we have a choice of how the day goes, do we try and pour more fuel on this fire and freak out over whats probably a non story as we have seen before or look forward to the game? I know what I’ll be doing. 

Catching mackerel in Grimsby?

57 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

The club is insolvent by any normal measure. It is being kept afloat by the owner pouring money in. If for any reason Mel can't or won't keep the money flowing, the club would soon hit the buffers. I've heard that Mel is putting in £30m a year. Even if the £80m did come in, a large chunk was to make up the existing deficit. Without Mel putting any more cash in, how long would, say, £50m stave off a cash flow problem? 

My worries about administration have never been around this situation though. I believe that administration would be almost inevitable if we got relegated, which is what I've aluded to in the past.

Hopefully this is just tiny hiccup and the story will just vanish.

You're going to have back that up with evidence.

Per the accounts as at 30 June 2018 the club had net current assets of £60m.

1 minute ago, Nick_Ram said:

On a positive note, does anyone else just keep randomly shouting out WAYNE ROONEY! 

Or is it just me?

I’m on my 158th Roooooney of the morning and I’ve only been up since 7am

50 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Nothing is guaranteed, but I think it's extremely libellous if it's wrong. So you have to weigh up the probability that it's likely true. I can't think the Daily Fail would post something so serious without any evidence.

Noted for the Politics Thread.

It’s pretty likely that the players contracts are much more complicated than those of ‘normal’ staff isn’t it?

Win bonuses, goal bonuses, clean sheet bonuses, assist bonuses, image rights and what not

Probably all has to be calculated before the players are paid. We had a game only a couple of days before the end of the month. It wouldn’t surprise me if this happened fairly regularly in such circumstances, it’s just that most clubs don’t have anyone currently ‘employed’ who has such a large axe to grind as we do, ahem.

Archived