Players not paid on time

Just now, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Do you know that for sure? 

It's no coincidence what Percy knows/reports is almost always true these days when dealing with our club. Pretty sure he hinted massively his source came from the top when he was on an episode of Steve Bloomer's Washing.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've seen you mention us going into administration a couple of times now, dont believe this is likely BUT...

...IF we went into administration after selling the ground for £80m one year ago you would have to wonder where the money has gone 

OR

...IF the club had sold the ground but not received the money for it (as I suggested could happen when the accounts were published) then you could certainly understand why the EFL may still be investigating the situation

The club is insolvent by any normal measure. It is being kept afloat by the owner pouring money in. If for any reason Mel can't or won't keep the money flowing, the club would soon hit the buffers. I've heard that Mel is putting in £30m a year. Even if the £80m did come in, a large chunk was to make up the existing deficit. Without Mel putting any more cash in, how long would, say, £50m stave off a cash flow problem? 

My worries about administration have never been around this situation though. I believe that administration would be almost inevitable if we got relegated, which is what I've aluded to in the past.

Hopefully this is just tiny hiccup and the story will just vanish.

37 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

If it affects staff other than the players, it's a major story. I hope it's related to bank holidays, which would be crappy incompetence at play. If my employer got my pay day wrong by a day, I'd be screwed so it has to be seen as a major foul-up.

there is no actual acceptable reason not to pay people on time.  one of the core responsibilities of an employer is to pay them in line with their contracts.  in fact it is  breach of contract not to do so.  if i made this sort of mistake i would be sacked and rightly so,  it may be a one off issue but we are easy targets these days

Most championship clubs are spending more than they earn in income. The pursuit of the Prem has thrown sanity out of the window. Derby has mostly ditched/sacked  the high earners but the bubble is about to burst.

2 minutes ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Can we be sure that this is actually true? Most news articles get recycled and republished by masses of websites and other newspapers but this hasn't been which suggests to me it's probably not true.

Nothing is guaranteed, but I think it's extremely libellous if it's wrong. So you have to weigh up the probability that it's likely true. I can't think the Daily Fail would post something so serious without any evidence.

Silence from the club is deafening as is usual practice from the inept media team that always seem to react hours / days to late to breaking stories than proactively mitigate a potentially damaging headline. 

Clarification / denial / clarity / transparency required from the club, longer this story runs the deeper the rumours, damage to reputation continues. 

how can they not see that?

9 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Silence from the club is deafening as is usual practice from the inept media team that always seem to react hours / days to late to breaking stories than proactively mitigate a potentially damaging headline. 

Clarification / denial / clarity / transparency required from the club, longer this story runs the deeper the rumours, damage to reputation continues. 

how can they not see that?

I think we'd need a much larger media team if we expected them to react to every rumour or story circulating. 

So Kieran Maguire (the bloke who talks about clubs finances and is usually pretty spot on with this stuff) said "Suspect it is linked to the new investors and MM was going the deal would have been signed off before pay day."

Honestly think its just a case of it taking longer than usual so maybe having to make alternate arrangements for the wages for this month.

If it was a week late, then I'd worry, but 48 hours? meh. I'm sure the players are alrate with that.

Archived