Players not paid on time

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've just got wait and see on this one. If we were going into administration this is how it would start. But there are lots of other possibilities too. Even if it's a cash flow issue, there are also lots of other solutions - investment, cost cutting, selling players, increasing revenue etc. No need to panic, but more significant than 'nothing'.

Footballers on thousands a week have pay delayed by TWO DAYS. My heart bleeds.

I know this shouldn't be happening from a business point of you but come on, it's not like Rolls-Royce have stopped ordinary working people's salaries being paid on time.

26 minutes ago, nfb said:

You know what some fans are like, they cant wait to have a moan, it's what makes them happy. No matter the source or the circumstances ?

And they haven't had much to moan about yet this year ?

And some, blimey - A nothing story in the most untrustworthy paper one could find and pitchforks have been raised in anger!! That somehow people are finding a link between this and a proposed investment is quite remarkable.

It’s been mentioned already, but I didn’t think we were being taken over; we are expecting investment.  Two very different things.

Huge amount of speculation going on, both at the ‘meh’ end of the scale and the ‘panic stations’ end of the scale.  Only a suggestion, but why don’t we wait and see what - if anything- comes out of the club before getting into a lather about it? (Crazy talk, I know)

1 minute ago, tinman said:

I’m surprised no one on here knows someone who works for the club who could say whether they Got paid on time. 

enough people seem to know someone at the club for transfer rumours. 

I've got some inside info on the wages for those that work in PPS branch of Greggs, if that's any good?

*Actually, I don't... but I could make summat up for the kudos!  

19 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Footballers on thousands a week have pay delayed by TWO DAYS. My heart bleeds.

I know this shouldn't be happening from a business point of you but come on, it's not like Rolls-Royce have stopped ordinary working people's salaries being paid on time.

If it affects staff other than the players, it's a major story. I hope it's related to bank holidays, which would be crappy incompetence at play. If my employer got my pay day wrong by a day, I'd be screwed so it has to be seen as a major foul-up.

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well Percy has said more than once that the investment should be down by the end of December.

So either an announcement is incoming, or, the Daily Mail have part of their story correct.

You really do jump to a lot of conclusions.

You also rely on a lot of other people’s words. Does Percy work for the club? No, so how does he know what is fully happening behind the scenes?  

32 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

We've just got wait and see on this one. If we were going into administration this is how it would start. But there are lots of other possibilities too. Even if it's a cash flow issue, there are also lots of other solutions - investment, cost cutting, selling players, increasing revenue etc. No need to panic, but more significant than 'nothing'.

I've seen you mention us going into administration a couple of times now, dont believe this is likely BUT...

...IF we went into administration after selling the ground for £80m one year ago you would have to wonder where the money has gone 

OR

...IF the club had sold the ground but not received the money for it (as I suggested could happen when the accounts were published) then you could certainly understand why the EFL may still be investigating the situation

11 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

If it affects staff other than the players, it's a major story. I hope it's related to bank holidays, which would be crappy incompetence at play. If my employer got my pay day wrong by a day, I'd be screwed so it has to be seen as a major foul-up.

Don't think the article mentioned the staff? If that's the case then Mel has some serious explaining to do, it's not acceptable.

9 hours ago, Squid said:

Bank holiday guys.

They are being paid tomorrow.

It’s simply a daily fail article in which has a title that is bound to draw several reads.

It’s not that deep, I’m sure ? 

Possibly clutching at straws and hoping there?

If payday falls on a bank holiday/weekend etc people are normally paid before the due date not after,

BTW,Poundland sell buckets for a quid.

Archived