Players not paid on time

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

I don't understand why people always assume because footballers earn a lot of money that they must be able to not get paid, or take massive pay cuts without it affecting their lives.

Chances are they pay huge mortgages compared with us normal folk, have expensive cars, maybe multiple of, on leases. Kids who go to the best schools, expensive lifestyles, holidays and so on and so forth.

Someone on benefits may think someone earning 45k a year is wealthy and could afford to drop a few thousand, someone earning 30k may think someone earning 150k could do the same.

Chances are very few people in real life if push comes to shove would move from Job A to Job B, same job etc but take a massive salary reduction just because.

If he is on 28k as suggested chances are his next contract might be one third that or in that region. Hands up those who would give up a job paying 50k and take one paying 20k?

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I don't understand why people always assume because footballers earn a lot of money that they must be able to not get paid, or take massive pay cuts without it affecting their lives.

Chances are they pay huge mortgages compared with us normal folk, have expensive cars, maybe multiple of, on leases. Kids who go to the best schools, expensive lifestyles, holidays and so on and so forth.

Someone on benefits may think someone earning 45k a year is wealthy and could afford to drop a few thousand, someone earning 30k may think someone earning 150k could do the same.

Chances are very few people in real life if push comes to shove would move from Job A to Job B, same job etc but take a massive salary reduction just because.

If he is on 28k as suggested chances are his next contract might be one third that or in that region. Hands up those who would give up a job paying 50k and take one paying 20k?

Agree non of us mere mortals would take a job on less money for the same work,however lets not kid ourselves these guys are on 30 Grand a WEEK and if they cant live off that then there is something seriously wrong with them,i bet most of the players did not even notice they had not been paid,it could just be one or two young fringe players who do rely on monthly pay checks who are struggling

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The double standards of people that expect footballers to take a pay cut out of some perceived principle that you shouldn't take the piss is laughable.

If that's his contract he is entitled to crack on for the duration of it. Blame the muppet that negotiated it not the fellas who got it.

I'd sit on it if I were him. 100%.

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think we live in an obsessive culture to be honest nowadays. Its human nature to obsess over what we dont have (money in most peoples case) rather than appreciate what we do have. And social media fuels it. We often think that its the things we lack in our lives that could make us happier (e.g money, partner ect)- but it never ends up being true 

Nothing against anya or anyone being on good contracts, its the clubs fault for being so dumb in the first place

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The double standards of people that expect footballers to take a pay cut out of some perceived principle that you shouldn't take the piss is laughable.

If that's his contract he is entitled to crack on for the duration of it. Blame the muppet that negotiated it not the fellas who got it.

I'd sit on it if I were him. 100%.

Dead right and in the case of Anya the biggest crime was signing him at all - even if he was on minimum wage.

22 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Confirming the investment holding up the pay? 

Said that they expected to get the deal through by the 31st. Went pretty late with it and didn't go through but also didn't leave them enough time to get necessary stuff in place to get payments through before the bank holiday. Players had been made aware of the situation and were paid today.

Archived