Players not paid on time

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Hardly his fault that the club negotiated such a silly contract that forced them not to play him.

I'd say its the club who should not be proud for signing him, not his fault.

What’s stopping him from finding another club? Drop his wage demands. Why can’t both parties come to a solution? I’d be embarrassed. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I really don't understand how he can be proud of himself for pretty much sitting on his arse for the last three years. 

In his video interview doesn't Rooney comment on how lucky he is to being paid for something he loves doing whilst he has come across some players who only see football as a job? Maybe Anya is one such player. He may not be particularly proud of what he's achieved but I doubt he's losing too much sleep over it and, who can blame him?

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

What’s stopping him from finding another club? Drop his wage demands. Why can’t both parties come to a solution? I’d be embarrassed. 

Here's a scenario for you. Imagine you're on a fixed term contract with say twelve months left to run at £50k a year. However, you're effectively on gardening leave (but still being paid). Would you be that keen to agree to end your contract early and move onto another paying only £30k a year?

Just now, Josh said:

Yeah. “What do you do mate?” ‘Play football for Derby, not played in 2 years though’.

Get to feck.

Well why did the club give you such a long contract if you are not in their plans?

Do you still attend training every day? Play in the u23s when fit? Help out with the youngsters?

Sod that, just take a pay cut and go somewhere else, I mean you must have loads of clubs interested in you when you have not played for 2 years?

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Here's a scenario for you. Imagine you're on a fixed term contract with say twelve months left to run at £50k a year. However, you're effectively on gardening leave (but still being paid). Would you be that keen to agree to end your contract early and move onto another paying only £30k a year?

Yes because I’m not a footballer mate ?. 30k is a lot of money to me. I’m sure losing a few grand a week to a rich footballer is nothing. 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well why did the club give you such a long contract if you are not in their plans?

Do you still attend training every day? Play in the u23s when fit? Help out with the youngsters?

Sod that, just take a pay cut and go somewhere else, I mean you must have loads of clubs interested in you when you have not played for 2 years?

Sorry Ikechi.  Hope you and the club work it out. 

Sith Happens
16 minutes ago, Josh said:

He is injured. And why should he? Not his fault.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Yes because I’m not a footballer mate ?. 30k is a lot of money to me. I’m sure losing a few grand a week to a rich footballer is nothing. 

How do you know what financial commitments he has?

Just now, Josh said:

Money is relative though. Perhaps I should have talked in terms of percentages instead of figures that mean something to us ordinary folk.

I don't know how much Anya is on or how much he would have to reduce his wage demands to get a contract elsewhere. Let's say, for arguments sake, 20%. Would you, in his position, take a 20% pay cut just to get in the first team?

Archived