Players not paid on time

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t think anyone’s exactly feeling sorry for the players, I’m sure they can survive with being paid a couple of days late. The point is the principle of it. It’s a total lack of professionalism by the club, again leading us to get negative news coverage. Hopefully the players are paid today, put the effort in tonight and this will be the last we hear about it as the investment goes through soon. 

Probably closer to reality is that these higher wage payments were deferred into the next year/month. A lot of companies do not work to the HMRC financial year. If the newco is working to a Jan 1st to Dec 31st and they are paying the salaries then it would explain why they couldn't be paid on the 1st, as it a Bank Holiday in the U.K.

Deferring would save the club a months high salary wage bill. Quite a lot I guess.

18 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Players are staff. Just sayin.

Poss different set up ,, are players self employed and liable for their own tax deductions so not treated as staff ,, staff being those employed on p a y e ,Done on payroll ,, might be they are payed differently at different times

8 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Just seen on FB that Mel is due on talk sport shortly.

Dont shoot the messenger if not true ?

Jim White spoke to Mel this morning and summarised the conversation earlier (Mel didn't speak on air). Not certain that Mel is on in addition to what Jim White has previously said?

11 hours ago, Emson said:

Sorry, but I cannot believe that any employed person in the world would react to them not being paid by their employer by saying that its "something and nothing". 

I have been a finance director of businesses for over 30 years and I can tell you that there is only one reason why you would not pay your staff on time.  And an  admin rooster up is not that reason. Its because you have run out of money. To say that its a last resort to do this doesn't even get close to the background that will have preceded this situation. Think tip of the iceberg parallels. 

This news, if true, is incredibly worrying. 

Bury, Macclesfield and Notts County are one thing. For this to happen at Derby County is absolutely shocking beyond words.

not quite got to the stage of Craig Burley screaming show me the money on Radio Derby like we had in the final embers of Lionels tenure . They didn't get paid for about 4 months then . We were still paying Ravanelli for 4 years .

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The covert rendezvous at Ferrybridge services featuring the brown envelope containing used fivers went ahead as planned?

Not even got out of bed since this story dropped!

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

My credit card company took my payment out  early because of the bank holiday.

The Daily Mail missed that one didn’t they?

They shouldn't have, they are supposed to take it after the due date. 

Archived