Players not paid on time

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Listen to it again - he talks about building around the academy players. To me that sounds more like utilizing what we have, and filling the gaps in the squad with one or two signings.

I’ve listened a few times.  He’s on about he’s invested 24 Million in this current crop of players and is worried about losing that if they are not played.

Its all down to interpretation mate.  

For what it’s worth I’ve always argued that relying on players coming through from the Academy is a gamble but at the moment Cocu is doing well bringing the likes of Knight and Bird etc through ok. 

I have no knowledge of DCFC financial situation as we as fans are not informed.

I wish Mel and the club well. 

4 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Footballers on thousands a week have pay delayed by TWO DAYS. My heart bleeds.

I know this shouldn't be happening from a business point of you but come on, it's not like Rolls-Royce have stopped ordinary working people's salaries being paid on time.

You know this could include ALL workers at DCFC.... so therefore hundreds of ordinary working people.

16 minutes ago, tinman said:

Non football staff will be through the stadium company, won’t they?

No not the stadium match day staff. The cleaners, maintenance people, groundskeepers, chefs, and all those kinds duties at Moor Farm and all the office workers in media and PR, communications etc.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

You know this could include ALL workers at DCFC.... so therefore hundreds of ordinary working people.

It doesnt though,

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

2 hours ago, David said:

Staff have been paid on time, before anyone suggests I’m on the payroll I’m not, but I do know they have been paid.

40 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

"The delay has been attributed to new investment not being in place, as expected, by the end of December. That did not happen due to an unforeseen delay, not a breakdown in the deal."

“Finally”, it’s been delayed by what, a day?

did anyone check if there was a bank holiday in Kuwait?

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I hate the word ‘Unforeseen’ when it comes to statements.... just makes everyone to start guessing over what it is.

Don’t worry, they would guess until they got everything correct in their own head anyway. 

Just a rumour but I’ve heard Rooney has “borrowed” Mel a few hundred grand until next Tuesday with a 38.5% APR 

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I hate the word ‘Unforeseen’ when it comes to statements.... just makes everyone to start guessing over what it is.

Having done a number of deals with private equity over the past few years, it is very common for them to find a last minute issue so that they can "chip" the price or terms of the deal. 

That is the nature of the beast you are dealing with.

Archived