v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, IslandExile said:

Thank you @SaintRam as always.

I hope the 'Cocu out' brigade read and digested your balanced commentary. However, I fear their minds are made up.

How they can think the senior players in this squad are good enough is beyond me. It's clear they cannot do any better - it's they that should go. And Cocu given a chance.

To be fair, whilst I'm still leaning Cocu out, today wasn't really on him. Malone is an absolute dipshit, Fozzy is gone, and he was put in a difficult position from the very start. Today wasn't about Cocu's tactics, you can't account for senior players being as brain dead as Malone.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I stand by what I said. How many new signings were in this team tonight? Just Hamer (worse that Roos) and Bielik. A new CB (Clarke) to go alongside Keogh at CB, Bielik, and a new player at RW was all that was needed. Those two CBs are both unavailable, Bielik isn’t fit enough yet and we failed to get a decent RW in.

Todays game came down to giving 2 silly penalties away, hitting the woodwork twice and having 2 penalty shouts of our own turned down. As I said not long ago, almost nothing between us winning 3-0 instead of losing 3-0

Really? So you think the rest of this team isn’t so bad? If we’re only the odd player away from being good enough for promotion, then we must be fairly close then? Wait, we’re 17th you say? Surely that means the manager isn’t doing well enough then?

You Cant have it both ways.

Just now, Andicis said:

To be fair, whilst I'm still leaning Cocu out, today wasn't really on him. Malone is an absolute dipshit, Fozzy is gone, and he was put in a difficult position from the very start. Today wasn't about Cocu's tactics, you can't account for senior players being as brain dead as Malone.

Why play Malone over Lowe? Why persist when Forsyth at Centre Back?  Most can see it isn't working.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why would Fozzy be playing left back when Lowe is a much better footballer than him, and doesn't give away a free goal to the opposition every match?

Because Fozzy is the best left back we’ve had at the club over the last 5 or so years. Not aware of his recovery from injuries though and how that has affected his speed.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Not a whole lot of options for centre half. Malone over Lowe is a mistake, though. I agree with that. 

Wisdom has actually played at centre back before though. Most of his games at Salzburg were at CB. He has to be better at CB than Forsyth...

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Not a whole lot of options for centre half. Malone over Lowe is a mistake, though. I agree with that. 

I am firmly in the Cocu in camp, but his persistence in changing Lowe and Malone baffles me, especially when Malone is prone to idiocy. That said, Lowe gets a free run now.

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure if you listened or watched today but the general consensus is we have played well, possibly the best since Huddersfield. How do you know we will be in the relegation zone soon? We have plenty of players due back from injury plus Rooney & any new additions in Jan

Try all you can mate, they're not listening. ?

Archived