Cocu in or out?

IslandExile

Cocu out?  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Its an IN from me

He has inherited a team with last seasons best 3 missing ( Mount Tamorri and Wilson) even with them we only just made the play offs,

on a plus with the after Christmas jinx ( or what ever people call it ) just around the corner, we are playing so bad we will prob think its gone and next season will be a good one

We always talk about missing the three loans, this won’t be popular but needs to be said as he’s actually a big miss! 

We definitely miss Bradley Johnson, yes he was agricultural and was technically poor at times but he brought aggression, drive, experience and motivation to our midfield, all qualities that are crucial to success in this division!

The only players that can offer us this are Beilik but he’s been up and down which is to be expected as he still a youngster really and Shinnie who’s either been out of favour or injured most of the season.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, lagavulinram said:

Give the man a chance.

He inherited someone elses team.

Derby throw curve balls.

I wouldn't even go as far as to say he's inherited someone else's team, we've lost 7 of the 11 most used players last season (Keogh, Tomori, Wilson, Mount, Carson, Johnson, Bryson) and only have 4 players still at the club that played more than half of the available minutes last season (Bogle, Lawrence, Malone, Waghorn). If anything Cocu's inherited Lampard's reserve team.

56 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

We always talk about missing the three loans, this won’t be popular but needs to be said as he’s actually a big miss! 

We definitely miss Bradley Johnson, yes he was agricultural and was technically poor at times but he brought aggression, drive, experience and motivation to our midfield, all qualities that are crucial to success in this division!

The only players that can offer us this are Beilik but he’s been up and down which is to be expected as he still a youngster really and Shinnie who’s either been out of favour or injured most of the season.

The other thing Johnson could do was make something happen, he was never afraid to try something risky. He was badly treated by the club for the biting saga. He'd probably be our best midfielder now and that says a lot as he can't get in the Blackburn team.

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Even if we're in danger of going down?

Actually, with the strength we have in younger players, going down could work in our long run favour.  We would probably go into administration though, so i guess that's not a viable scenario

I'm not particularly bothered either way.

We've certainly had too many managers since Nigel Clough left, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Cocu is worth persevering with. He's not had the best of luck and might still turn it around. Yet his signings have been poor, his tactical planning has so far failed and 95% of the football has been tedious. 

I suspect that the next week will be key. Two poor home games and his support will melt away. The new investor will want to make sure that the man spending his money in January is the right one. Fewer than 2 points, and I reckon there'll be a Tweet from John Percy at about this time next Sunday saying that Cocu has been sacked.

Those voting for Cocu out, for you is it all about the results and performances of the first team this season?

Do you not see the bigger picture?

Do you not see the circumstances that Cocu has faced?

Do you not see the quality of the squad?

Do you not see that it's safe - and right - for him to experiment?

There is no danger of relegation. There is no chance of promotion. This season is about assessing the squad, the players, systems for the championship, blooding the youngsters - all in preparation for a real promotion challenge next season.

I've said it before - it's the iPad era..."I want it and I want it now". No time to build.

I've also said there's "too many sheep, not enough Rams". That applies to the mounting calls for Cocu to be sacked. Ridiculous.

It is like Brexit - those calling for it the most are those that will suffer the most when it happens. Sack Cocu, bring in Warnock, Hughton or Pullis, enjoy the football and a record low points total in the Premier League. Not again. Get serious.

Be patient. COYR ?

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Those voting for Cocu out, for you is it all about the results and performances of the first team this season?

There is no danger of relegation. There is no chance of promotion. This season is about assessing the squad, the players, systems for the championship, blooding the youngsters - all in preparation for a real promotion challenge next season.

I've said it before - it's the iPad era..."I want it and I want it now". No time to build.

I've also said there's "too many sheep, not enough Rams". That applies to the mounting calls for Cocu to be sacked. Ridiculous.

It is like Brexit - those calling for it the most are those that will suffer the most when it happens. Sack Cocu, bring in Warnock, Hughton or Pullis, enjoy the football and a record low points total in the Premier League. Not again. Get serious.

Be patient. COYR ?

Im interested in hearing your top 3 performances this season that give you confidence that we are positively  progressing? 

Or even the 3 players that have shown most improvement under Cocu in the 5 months or so that he's been here? 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

In. 

A season to learn the league/settle in.

A Jan window and a Summer window.

Expect big improvements before January 2021 or get rid

But we do need an immediate change in tactics/attitude. Every single game now, especially away games are adding 1-2% into the 'Cocu out' account. 

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Be patient. COYR ?

What's the bigger picture? He once did well at PSV so that will transfer to a different club, in a different league, in a different country? Huge assumptions. No substance as of yet.

Yep. Not the easiest, but it's not an excuse.

Yeah, and that's why I know the squad is better than how it's been performing.

It helps if he ever learns from his ''experiments'', it feels like we make the same mistakes no matter what. 

No chance of promotion is a damning indictment of poor management. If you are out of the playoff picture by December, you're failing in your role at Derby. Why is being poo this season going to make us better the next? How does that make any logical sense? Don't go to Farke. I can't be bothered with that example. 

Basically, the main argument for sticking by Cocu are: 

We've had too many managers recently: absolute irrelevance to whether we should sack Cocu or not, you can't keep someone purely because we had to sack other managers or others left. Time should only be given to managers that prove they're worth it.

His time at PSV: again, his success at another club guarantees absolutely nothing here. Zilch. Nigel Pearson could be considered successful at Leicester, how'd that go. Keeping someone based on a decent past is nonsensical.

No other good managers out there: Not only untrue, but also not exactly a glowing endorsement of Cocu.

The players are crap! It's not his fault!: Doesn't work for me at all. I accept it's not a brilliant squad, but good managers squeeze the most out of what they have. Cocu is not. Bielsa came into Leeds, without spending much money and transformed them with top level coaching and tactics. They were crap the season before. He's not getting the most out of what we have.

People seem to think sticking by a manager is going to magically come good if you give them time. This might be the case in some cases, but there are many other cases where it is not. Stability argument doesn't work for me either. Watford, a club smaller than us have been in the Premier League for years whilst hiring and firing. Leicester have got through a few recently too. Second in the league. Chelsea have got a lot of success from being ruthless with managers. If the man is wrong, why give them more time? Pull the trigger and get a new approach. 

10 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Im interested in hearing your top 3 performances this season that give you confidence that we are positively  progressing? 

Or even the 3 players that have shown most improvement under Cocu in the 5 months or so that he's been here? 

They were all from the under 23s and under 18s, as are the players. Others are better informed to tell you what and who they were.

The progression is at the club level not narrowly focused on the first team.

Archived