Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just watched the short highlights... WTF was Waggy trying to do with his shirt after the goal? 

Shades of Balotelli and "That bib incident"!  ?

I thought that too. I generally like him but he really annoyed me yesterday.  He had 2 or 3 very good chances and fluffed them big time. 

A player that cost the much has to out those away. 

thought Bogle had a less influential game by his standards but his standards are very high so it’s be harsh to have a go. 

Holmes - works hard and is not a bad player but no more. Lawrence just looks dangerous every time he has the ball. He’s a good footballer - just needs to keep going as he has over the last few homes games. 

Fozzy - excellent. So chuffed for him. 

Roos - most worrying keeper I’ve ever seen in a Rams shirt on high balls. Drops everything. 

Bielik - getting better with every game. 

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, angieram said:

I don't think he was the best player on the pitch yesterday, but I do think Holmes had his best game for us for some time. Similarly with Davies, his sharpness in defensive situations is improving game on game.

Yep Davies was always going to need time given his injury, age, time out and the mess that has been the start to this season.

A lot of people criticise his distribution which is agricultural but not as bad as many make out. However I’m happy to overlook that as he’s the only out and out defender at the club, he’s done really well given the circumstances since his return.

Hes one of the best traditional defenders we’ve had at the club in recent years and a good leader to boot!

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It seemed to be something to do with him showing he was the Derby number 9 as he was attempting to drag the number around to the front, presumably in reference to Chris martins stake for the number /position of late.

Bit weird tho,there seems to be room for both of them out there and i would  surprised if waggers is that insecure about the situation.

Yes I agree with you. I think he was trying to kiss the number 9. Could be a case of being a bit insecure, which he doesn't seem the type, or he could have been expressing what he feels about being the number 9?

2 hours ago, jono said:

Yes Angie, Curtiss seemed much more comfortable yesterday. Maybe their lumbering front man helped a bit, but he wasn’t shy about bringing the ball forward and was passing more quickly, I think maybe Fozzie gave him some confidence ? And let’s not forget he won the header that went in off Waggy’s Torso. I actually first thought Curtis had scored it in the goalmouth melee. 

I think he did too!?

4 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

You just can’t underestimate Chris Martin’s performance yesterday. He’s been impressive up until now but he was elite yesterday. Bullied a hardened Preston defence and was vital in getting Lawrence & co into the game.

Not quite sure where he’s pulled this form from but he is going to be a serious asset this season.

Agree wholeheartedly excellent game from Martin such a clever player, pity he doesn’t get the service back from others when sometimes he’s in great positions

7 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

You just can’t underestimate Chris Martin’s performance yesterday. He’s been impressive up until now but he was elite yesterday. Bullied a hardened Preston defence and was vital in getting Lawrence & co into the game.

Not quite sure where he’s pulled this form from but he is going to be a serious asset this season.

First name on the team sheet for me. He makes other players look better.

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

Yes I agree with you. I think he was trying to kiss the number 9. Could be a case of being a bit insecure, which he doesn't seem the type, or he could have been expressing what he feels about being the number 9?

I actually thought he was kissing the symbol for the mind charity Next to the number? He did a big Interview with a paper not so long ago about his own personal battle with mental health problems.

3 hours ago, Rambling said:

Agree wholeheartedly excellent game from Martin such a clever player, pity he doesn’t get the service back from others when sometimes he’s in great positions

I think that's one of the few negatives of the current set up in that unlike in 2014 Martin isn't getting the ball back to him from Tom and Duane in goal scoring situations.....I don't it happened once on Saturday.....fix that and we will be seeing a few more additional goals to add to our tally I suspect 

7 hours ago, Raich Van Carter said:

I thought that too. I generally like him but he really annoyed me yesterday.  He had 2 or 3 very good chances and fluffed them big time. 

A player that cost the much has to out those away. 

thought Bogle had a less influential game by his standards but his standards are very high so it’s be harsh to have a go. 

Holmes - works hard and is not a bad player but no more. Lawrence just looks dangerous every time he has the ball. He’s a good footballer - just needs to keep going as he has over the last few homes games. 

Fozzy - excellent. So chuffed for him. 

Roos - most worrying keeper I’ve ever seen in a Rams shirt on high balls. Drops everything. 

Bielik - getting better with every game. 

You obviously never saw John “Dracula “ Middleton play. Cloughie robbed us swapping him for Archie 

8 hours ago, Raich Van Carter said:

I recall him having three good chances. One (second half), he fluffed. Another, the keeper made a good save to put it inches over the bar. The other, he scored.

Correct me if he had any more than that.

11 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Has anyone mentioned how poor in taste the Lawrence song was? 

Regardless of whether he’s been forgiven/the justice system has dealt with him/the away fans were mocking him it doesn’t excuse singing a song that celebrates what he did. 

There’ll be fans at our ground that have lost relatives in drink drive collisions.

Why not use that creativity to come up with a song that doesn’t make us look like arsssholes? 

Well said 

12 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I recall him having three good chances. One (second half), he fluffed. Another, the keeper made a good save to put it inches over the bar. The other, he scored.

Correct me if he had any more than that.

Probably about right. I think I'm annoyed because he's fluffed other chances in other games. I'm prob being harsh but just expect more from him 'cos I think he's a decent player. It's not like he's rubbish and therefore expectations are set accordingly - it's that I think he's a decent player and should be putting those away. The one in the second half from the thru ball from Bielik should have been put away and the one-on-one.... a striker of his standard should be putting those away for sure. He went for in-between the legs and keeper was expecting it. Anyway, as someone else said, I shouldn't really be moaning about the guy that scored the match-winning goal (although it basically hit him on the way in! :))

Archived