Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

What about foul on Mason Bennett that was stright red card the ref was a joke today.

It was more of a tangle and there was a covering defender, so no straight red.

It looked like Bennett may have also caught his studs in the turf which made it worse.

Let's just hope he's okay because he really doesn't deserve another injury. he was looking lively too.

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

It was more of a tangle and there was a covering defender, so no straight red.

It looked like Bennett may have also caught his studs in the turf which made it worse.

Let's just hope he's okay because he really doesn't deserve another injury. he was looking lively too.

He was fouled everyone around me said same how hell that was not a red card.

Great first half. Instead of passing to and fro across the back four, we moved the ball beautifully. Could have been three up easily. The injury to Bennett affected us. Not sure why left footer waghorn didn’t just go in on the left of the three attacking midfielders, but switching Holmes to the left seemed to increase the disruption. 

Lawrence was a pig in muck in the no 10 role and could have had a couple. Holmes beautiful one two with Martin would have been a great goal.

as is often the case, we didn’t quite come out of the traps for the second half. Preston brought on Gallagher who was superb. We seem happy to sit back and defend rowett-style and protect a lead. My man of the match for us was Martin. Lawrence, bielik, Forsyth and Lowe also played very well. 

That first half was something else. The first really good half of football with Martin linking superbly. 

14 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I said on a thread a while ago that I thought the  game had moved on and Martin wouldn’t be effective in this team. I think a change on our style of play has helped, however for me today, his best performance in a Derby shirt since the game he destroyed Wolves a few seasons ago.

Hopefully he will continue to prove me wrong as does TL to all his doubters, once again put in another good performance. For me he is still our most dangerous and creative player, moving him to to the middle gives him that extra space to showcase this.

Martin doesn't need to prove you wrong, wtf,  more reflection and thinking needed on your part.

51 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

His stoods was very dangerouse challege and he never touched the ball and say again ref poor and a joke.

Genuinely B4, what are you looking for in a referee? Perfection but every decision goes our way? Take the rose rinted specs off - If we get this quality of referee for the rest of the season, I would be very happy. Thought the game flowed, played advantage where he could, wasn't too picky, and got most decisions correct. Not a red for the foul on Bennett (What would you be saying if that was Bogle committing the foul) and if my only issue was a couple of judgement calls near the end, that's a good day in the office.

Concentrate on what was a good day in the office - Martin, Bogle, Forsyth, Bielik and Lawrence all had really good games.  Pleasing football, clean sheet, 5 home wins on the run and we scored from a corner!

27 minutes ago, tinman said:

The biggest one was not giving a foul for Holmes being bodychecked around the halfway line when we were breaking forward. 

You mean where he kicked it way ahead of them, tried to run through them and then fell over. Ref didn't buy it, he had lost control of the ball, and was playing for it. Excellent refereeing.

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

He seems to have stopped giving the ball away which was why I have been reserving judgment.

I think that's why I and many others backed him earlier in the season. His passing was a bit wayward but he was trying the right things. Now that his passes are meeting their targets, it's clear that he's a very good player.

The best thing is, I still think he's got a few more gears to go. I don't think it will be long before we're seeing 2014 George Thorne-esque peformances.

4 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Martin doesn't need to prove you wrong, wtf,  more reflection and thinking needed on your part.

Strange post, I don’t think Martin comes on this forum, it isn’t  really directed at him. The point being me being wrong in my opinion rather than anything else.

34 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I thought holmes worked his socks off today.

I agree his work rate was good (always is) but his passing was woeful and often just ran into players giving the ball away. Actually looks like a player you’d sign Scunthorpe 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Not today, foul and a yellow card was correct and I thought the ref was decent and Preston should have scored if that twit hadn’t touched the ball in the net who was offside because it was going in I believe but an excellent victory for the Rams 

I was in North Stand above and and in line with the goal - the Preston player stopped the ball with his hand and then slotted the ball in. Thank the Lord the linesman flagged for offside as the ref wouldn't have seen the handball, like he didn't see the red for Bennett's foul - it was a nasty foul, again straight in front of me  and not just the stopping of an attack;  numerous occasions in the first half he decided to play the advantage for Derby when there was none and he never brought the play back once; the 'sandwich' on Holmes in the second half  - ad nauseum.

He was the worst ref I have seen at Pride Park this season.

5 minutes ago, nick_d said:

I was in North Stand above and and in line with the goal - the Preston player stopped the ball with his hand and then slotted the ball in. Thank the Lord the linesman flagged for offside as the ref wouldn't have seen the handball, like he didn't see the red for Bennett's foul - it was a nasty foul, again straight in front of me  and not just the stopping of an attack;  numerous occasions in the first half he decided to play the advantage for Derby when there was none and he never brought the play back once; the 'sandwich' on Holmes in the second half  - ad nauseum.

He was the worst ref I have seen at Pride Park this season.

I would say about average - we’ve had some awful refs this season ?‍♂️

38 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Genuinely B4, what are you looking for in a referee? Perfection but every decision goes our way? Take the rose rinted specs off - If we get this quality of referee for the rest of the season, I would be very happy. Thought the game flowed, played advantage where he could, wasn't too picky, and got most decisions correct. Not a red for the foul on Bennett (What would you be saying if that was Bogle committing the foul) and if my only issue was a couple of judgement calls near the end, that's a good day in the office.

Concentrate on what was a good day in the office - Martin, Bogle, Forsyth, Bielik and Lawrence all had really good games.  Pleasing football, clean sheet, 5 home wins on the run and we scored from a corner!

What I am looking for a fair ref that cracks down on bad tackles and liked what happened to Bennett even after dangerouse challege and even his shirt was not just pulled but he pulled down to the ground that finnished even should been stright red card poor ref and bad performance. 

Archived