Preston (H) - Match Thread

Comrade 86

A stuttering start to the season for sure and with Christmas just around the corner, us beleaguered Rams faithful coud certainly do with some cheer. Three points against one of the better teams in the dive would be a decent start for sure.

I can't keep up with the injuries and the like but FWIW and given those I know are missing, I'd be looking at a change of formation and something like the following:

Roos

Bogle      Davies      Fozzy       Lowe

Holmes      Bielik      Shinnie

Lawrence

Marriott             Martin

I'd even be tempted to look at 3 at the back with Bogle and Lowe playing as wingbacks. If anyone has any inside track to the club can you please ask our midfield to turn up? Ta.

COYR

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

A stuttering start to the season for sure and with Christmas just around the corner, us beleaguered Rams faithful coud certainly do with some cheer. Three points against one of the better teams in the dive would be a decent start for sure.

I can't keep up with the injuries and the like but FWIW and given those I know are missing, I'd be looking at a change of formation and something like the following:

Roos

Lawrence

I'd even be tempted to look at 3 at the back with Bogle and Lowe playing as wingbacks. If anyone has any inside track to the club can you please ask our midfield to turn up? Ta.

COYR

I would play Evans instead of Fozzy....plus also maybe Knight or Sibley to replace Holmes...

12 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Roos

Lawrence

COYR

The state of that team! Cocu is doing miracles considering... Hope Mel backs him in January. 

Roos

Bogle Davies <Whoever isnt injured> Lowe

Bielik

Shinnie Sibley (would be Holmes, but he hasnt impressed last couple of games)

Lawrence

Marriott Martin

Will take anything we can get here. Even a point would be fantastic. We have a pretty good record at home, so hopefully give us a better chance. Need to try and pick up points here since 3 of the next 6 games are in London where we may as well not even bother turning up given our recent record in the hellhole that is the capital.

46 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Need to try and pick up points here since 3 of the next 6 games are in London where we may as well not even bother turning up given our recent record in the hellhole that is the capital.

We've only got Fulham away in the next six

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would play Evans instead of Fozzy....plus also maybe Knight or Sibley to replace Holmes...

Argh! Great shout! Completely forgot Evans. He was my tip for breakthrough player of the season too. Bags of ability. If he can avoid injuries he now has a chance to get a run of games too.  Pretty sure Cocu rates him and if we are to play out from the back, he's our boy IMO.

1 hour ago, Nick_Ram said:

The state of that team! Cocu is doing miracles considering... Hope Mel backs him in January. 

Come on Nick. It aint that bad, is it? Thought we looked good against Boro and how Forest beat us I'll never know. Tricky start to the season with injuries, poor luck and the off-field malarkey but you must at least be delighted that Chris Martin has shown he's still got game ?

1 hour ago, OohMartWright said:

I think the key issue is that Bielik plays at DM, not CB. As to who partners Davies, I'm not too fussed whether it is Evans or Fozzy, but Wisdom's lack of pace frightens me.

Isn't Wisdom as quick as or even quicker than Evans and Fozzy????

16 hours ago, Sean said:

We've only got Fulham away in the next six

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

4 at home.

Since when was Blackburn a suburb of London?

I think you missed my joke. Sean said we've only got Fulham away in the next six. Ergo I said 5 at home.

Archived