Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

12 minutes ago, Xlor said:

You like 442 and youre telling me to get my head out if my arse? ??

i like 442 formation, think it is one of the most effective formations in English football.

Leicester won the PL using it, when so many "knowledgeable" folks called it archaic

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, superzak said:

im afraid i agree...my enthusiasm for Derby is at an all time low

Really?

I'm sure I've endured much worse times over the last 40 seasons and even in fairly recent years. Perhaps you've successfully erased some of the even more dire times from your memory. 

2 minutes ago, Xlor said:

I believe so yeah. The majority of successful sides keep the ball. More of tge ball,more goals. Cant score without it.

“I think” Vs Hull we had 70% possession, zero shots on goal and lost 2-0 ???.....can’t score with it sometimes. Possession football is ok, but if you’re not creative or lack execution in the final 3rd then it’s a waste of time. I couldn’t care less if we had 25% possession as long as we score 1 more than the other lot. 

10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yes 

Check out away results with one up top with the players we have 

then come back to me with ur argument that we should carry on with it 

should be brilliant this 

get a seat kids this will be comedy gold 

Better than with 2 up top??. And as if you say "results away". I could ask you how many of the champions league winners play 2 and make a childish comment at the end aswell . 

26 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Chasing Shadows??!! Are you for real?! Leeds we were chasing shadows this was nothing like!  There was hardly anything in the game. They had a 15 min spell after we gifted them the goal where they were on top and could have finished the game but then that was countered with us creating 3 good chances and them hanging on a bit at the end. 

Everyone can see where we need to improve and it’s in the midfield area, we don’t have enough genuine box to box midfielders. Duane is really struggling at the moment and isn’t really suited to that game anyway. With what we have we are definitely improving but we are clearly limited in midfield and need to address either with bringing people in or academy players making the step up.

Think Wayne might provide the missing spark in midfield. Think even now he has the ability to run the show at this level....

6 minutes ago, ramit said:

i like 442 formation, think it is one of the most effective formations in English football.

Leicester won the PL using it, when so many "knowledgeable" folks called it archaic

Well theyre right. Thats 1 season out of about 20. 

I think it's really amusing that some go on about how slow Martin is, but miss the fact is that he's one of the quickest players we have. Too many of our players need more than one touch, it slows down our play. They don't see the space or the pass. It's not about how fast you run it's about how quickly you can play the game! Bogle, Lowe and Lawrence have quick feet too.

Roos - 6.5 

Lowe - 7.5 decent all round game

Clarke - a real game-changing injury ?

Davies - 6.5 (he's not made to play the game we want him to play, but he's gutsy)

Bielik - 7 wasted but for the short stint in midfield

Bogle - 7.5 had a lot of good possession, won corners aplenty. Careless pass. ?

Shinnie - 6.5 bits and bobs

Evans - 6 meh

Holmes - 6 gave the ball away lots esp 1st half, poor decision making

Lawrence - 7.5 if he'd scored that lovely early chance, ah well

Martin 7.5 - quick feet and brain, except for that one dropping volley. Should have perhaps had a couple of shots 1st half rather than lay-offs

Marriott - 6.5 looked very sluggish and his finishing was ordinary

Waggy - 7 put himself about and was threatening like I expected Marriott to

Not a bad game, but limited by our midfield and another bad (hope not) injury.

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

“I think” Vs Hull we had 70% possession, zero shots on goal and lost 2-0 ???.....can’t score with it sometimes. Possession football is ok, but if you’re not creative or lack execution in the final 3rd then it’s a waste of time. I couldn’t care less if we had 25% possession as long as we score 1 more than the other lot. 

Me neither, i like winning but ya not gonna win that many if you dont control midfield. I cant keep writing city, barca, top teams control the midfield with 5 in there. Not 4, 5. Its not poosible with 4. 

2 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Well theyre right. Thats 1 season out of about 20. 

Results depend on the manager tactics as much as the formation applied.  442 is a very adjustable formation, giving you options with the wingers, central midfielders, forwards and even fullbacks at times. 

Ranieri adjusted the system to his player's strengths.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/30/how-claudio-ranieris-tactics-put-his-rivals-to-shame-at-leiceste/

1 minute ago, Xlor said:

Me neither, i like winning but ya not gonna win that many if you dont control midfield. I cant keep writing city, barca, top teams control the midfield with 5 in there. Not 4, 5. Its not poosible with 4. 

We’re in the Championship and don’t have Messi, De Brunyne or Silva. We have Shinne, Holmes and Evans ?

Lots of doom and gloom but thought we were the better side for a lot of that game and at worst it was an even contest overall. One schoolboy error and they score. 

We are having terrible luck with key position injuries at just the wrong times.. You can only hope over the season these things balance themselves out and we will be fine. 

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Really?

I'm sure I've endured much worse times over the last 40 seasons and even in fairly recent years. Perhaps you've successfully erased some of the even more dire times from your memory. 

Your probably right but i think its not just Derby but football in general ive had enough of.

If it hadn't of been for the Bogle error, we would of come away with a deserves point and another positive performance under our belts.

Result will dictate some opinions here, and understandably so. But surely we can see how much we're improving?

My view, decent first half, both sides playing well and having a go. Not much in it. Second half we needed a bit more about us in the first 10 mins, needed some more movement in midfield if we were to persist playing out from the back. Bogle’s got no options for a forward pass when he gifts it to them. Need to mix it up more with more forward play and some longer balls. Most frustrating thing was when we made a couple of changes and started getting balls in the box, we looked like scoring. Trouble is, we only started doing that on 82 mins. Needed that change to happen pretty much after the goal because it def gave forest something to think about. 

Relax, we lost. It’s a pity

it was away from home, they only won following a mistake which can happen to any side, any player at any time

reading the posts and listening to the commentary .. we did well, we looked good for the most part, did the right thing bar one dire error and a 20 minute wobble after the mistake.

there are worries of course, and things we could do better, questions about tactics and positioning and players in the right place .. what’s new ? Unless you are 10 points clear and bossingevery game you play then this is football - and all competitive sport.

i’m  really p’eed off that we lost to the dogs and I think that’s 3 times in a row ? which hurts even more but that’s life and we aren’t at the bottom of the slough of despond yet .. there are loads of positives .. possible , investment, Rooney, Cocu learning, Bogle developing (you only learn from mistakes ) we are improving 

This is one step on the everlasting  journey of being a fan of your local football team. Keep the faith, enjoy the ups and downs. No doubt the universe is unfolding as it should 

46 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Whats your problem dhead. Im trying to have a debate. I dont say stuff like "spout more crap" or head up your ******** to your pists that i dont agree on. You like 2, i like 1. Everyone keeps giving me the same rubbish. Champions of europe. 1, champions of england, 1, international teams , 1. Top 3 in prem, 1. Youve thrown burnley and Bournemouth at me. ??‍♂️. Rock hard?

I just hate it when people talk utter nonsense and can’t help think your a troll 

maybe ur not and u genuinely believe what your saying 

we’ve lost our last 4 away games, 3 by 3 goals to nil and been pathetic in the process with one up top 

we win with two up top then give a very good account of ourselves in our rivals back yard and u come out with the crap that we shouldn’t play 2 up top Cosmo one else does Wtf ??!? 

Oh yes, Burnley and Bournemouth I’m factually correct 

And I’m still Waiting ur considered response that has some genuine football intelligence behind it 

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bogle - 7.5 had a lot of good possession, won corners aplenty. Careless pass. 

?

Even taking the goal out of the equation I thought he was poor defensively today, he was given the run around by Ameobi, stood off him too much and let him get his shots away too easily. Also was lucky to get just a yellow for an awful tackle. Was decent going forward in the first half though.

Archived