Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not possible .  We've only give him one a game at most, and most are half chances. Seen many strikers at Derby.  Give him the right balls he will convert one in two.

Agree, he is the best finisher at the club.  He didn't have a full pre-season, he has missed games through injury.  He needs a run of 5-6 games and we will see the best from him.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Utter rubbish??. Name me 1 good team that plays 2 up top. 

So that makes it wrong ?

lets just keep flogging a dead horse Cos it’s what everyone else plays 

away results with one up top  

hull 2-0 abject 

charlton 3-0 pathetic 

Brentford 3-0 pathetic 

forest 3-0 pathetic 

It’s called round pegs in round holes

for the record both Bournemouth and Burnley  played 2 up top getting g out of this league 

king and Wilson and cokes and ings 

so get ur head out of your arse mate 

I should have adopted the same stance to reading this thread as I did to watching the game.

Feeling irritable enough about losing and the nature of it already, so why am I punishing myself further by reading the posts from the usual crew of attention seeking know-it-all gobshites who only come out after a loss?

Time to put the phone down.

15 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Who has been crying for 2 up top? Certainly not me. Football has progressed from the 90s. We lost, 1-0. Cant get much weaker. Forward line up? 1 of marriott, waghorn or martin, doesn't really matter. 5 in midfield. 

???? what’s 90s about 2 up front ?

Trendy formations and lots of possession Is so much better isn’t it (gotta love the fifa generation) 

18 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Who has been crying for 2 up top? Certainly not me. Football has progressed from the 90s. We lost, 1-0. Cant get much weaker. Forward line up? 1 of marriott, waghorn or martin, doesn't really matter. 5 in midfield. 

Which 5 in midfield would you favour?

10 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Im with you. We havent got any striker. This is why 2 up top bugs me. I wouldnt be a massive fan of it if we had pele and maradona. 

We have strikers.  Marriott scored goals against Man United, Chelsea and Southampton last season. Also scored three in the playoffs. He also had a run of six or seven games where he scored in a row . The difference between then and now is looking to play forward and the midfield brain of Mount. Martin can be effective but it helps if he has runners from midfield .  We aren't quick enough in support, ball retention or creation of space.

5 minutes ago, Davide said:

Maybe consistent passing sideways and back instead of smashing it up? Although I though we had some good one touch stuff today and a bit more forward purpose. 

We definitely did. The longer passes just opened gaps to pop the low shorter passes through and I think at these times we saw the front 4 come to life. 

It was a close game but for a good hour it was getting out of our hands. It slipped in the first half and then after 60 mins it looked like we couldn't win it.

Finished ok

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Bielik's drive would have made us a better team. He's a donkey at times but he's a proper midfielder. 

Can definitely forgive mistakes when a player is taking responsibility and trying the right things. 

He also doesn't ball watch when defending. 

I was hoping Evans or Wisdom would go CB. Bielik stole more yards in his time in midfield than Evans and Shinnie managed for the rest of the entire game. 

He can't play CB. As well suited as he is, if he plays CB then his absence in midfield means we need someone like him at CB!! 

With him at DM I think we can get away with a lesser CB if you know what I mean? 

He's the key to taking pressure off the backline. Donkey errors included.

It's about balance too. The only midfield pairing that has any balance at the club is Beilik and Shinnie, look how different Shinnie looks when he hasn't got Beilik next to him and he has a passive player like Evans to cover. Shinnie know's Beilik has his back and is a big presence to get around and vice versa, when Shinnie was with Evans today you could see he hung back more as he was scared of being caught out of position when they got past Evans. 

Just now, Alpha said:

We definitely did. The longer passes just opened gaps to pop the low shorter passes through and I think at these times we saw the front 4 come to life. 

It was a close game but for a good hour it was getting out of our hands. It slipped in the first half and then after 60 mins it looked like we couldn't win it.

Finished ok

TBF in away games your always gonna be under pressure for a good 20-30 minutes 

20 minutes ago, Xlor said:

One up front worked so well against Brentford Hull etc?  We do not have the wingers to play two out wide.  Lawrence is better central, Martin is better with a runner off him and Marriott is better with players around him.

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I should have adopted the same stance to reading this thread as I did to watching the game.

Feeling irritable enough about losing and the nature of it already, so why am I punishing myself further by reading the posts from the usual crew of attention seeking know-it-all gobshites who only come out after a loss?

Time to put the phone down.

Agreed,it's amazing how a defeat brings every aspiring football manager (on FIFA 2019) out of the woodwork with their bizarre theory's.

We are improving but it's a work on progress being slowed by constant injuries and all the b*****ks off the field plus notable gaps in our squad.

See everyone in two weeks.

Let’s play devil’s advocate (not necessarily my position) about Cocu changing his philosophy about playing out from the back. Cocu probably has a medium/long term view on transitioning the playing staff with his own signings, developing players from the academy and some of the existing playing squad. If he reverts to a different style to accommodate the players he has got here today then he will need to potentially need more of an overhaul of bringing in players alongside any Academy players we bring in. That brings it own risk in a) what’s realistically available to us in the market b) FFP c) developing value in the current squad. Is it likely he is taking a view that this is indeed a transitional season that will establish players from the current squad, determine which players will be sold and preparing the academy players for the next two seasons and  a mid table finish privately is acceptable. I think this is actually what Lampard was trying to do but he was a little more fluid tactically and this could be a cultural thing between a European purist sensibility and a modern progressive British manger who has been heavily influenced by the former.

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Bielik's drive would have made us a better team. He's a donkey at times but he's a proper midfielder. 

Can definitely forgive mistakes when a player is taking responsibility and trying the right things. 

He also doesn't ball watch when defending. 

I was hoping Evans or Wisdom would go CB. Bielik stole more yards in his time in midfield than Evans and Shinnie managed for the rest of the entire game. 

He can't play CB. As well suited as he is, if he plays CB then his absence in midfield means we need someone like him at CB!! 

With him at DM I think we can get away with a lesser CB if you know what I mean? 

He's the key to taking pressure off the backline. Donkey errors included.

I don't agree with your comments thus far about the game in this thread but you're definitely right about Bieliks importance at DM. The only thing I hold against Cocu for today was dropping him to CB, that was a real clanger of a decision.

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

TBF in away games your always gonna be under pressure for a good 20-30 minutes 

Yeah and you're going to face a team under pressure to be more aggressive. 

It's perhaps during these spells you don't give encouragement. 

I get what Cocu wants but he will surely need to blur the lines between what he wants and what he's got. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah and you're going to face a team under pressure to be more aggressive. 

It's perhaps during these spells you don't give encouragement. 

I get what Cocu wants but he will surely need to blur the lines between what he wants and what he's got. 

Exactly what Im saying tbh, your just articulating it better

22 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Liverpool, city, spurs, bayern, juve, barca, madrid play 1. One. Uno. Im checking athletico in a second because i cant imagine tgey play 2 under simeone. 

U on the wind up or something ???
we don’t have a striker that can play one up top 

why 

Martin not quick enough 

Marriott not physical or touch good enough 

waghorn mix of both but average at both 

so why when we’ve been battered 3-4 times on the road  already would we not try something that other teams have made work in recent years despite what u think 

abd cuoisidently got us a win and our best performance of the season, 

today was probably our best performance away from home ... just incase u missed it there’s  Huddersfield away that can even run it close 

please troll off

5 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I don't agree with your comments thus far about the game in this thread but you're definitely right about Bieliks importance at DM. The only thing I hold against Cocu for today was dropping him to CB, that was a real clanger of a decision.

I agree, the way F*rest were playing Bielik as DM was much more important than a.n.other at centre-half.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Agreed,it's amazing how a defeat brings every aspiring football manager (on FIFA 2019) out of the woodwork with their bizarre theory's.

We are improving but it's a work on progress being slowed by constant injuries and all the b*****ks off the field plus notable gaps in our squad.

See everyone in two weeks.

Agree with the sentiment but last weeks selection and formation was obvious.  We win.  Today, he started off as he should but a baffling decision to take Bielek away from midfield.  We have not looked as good any game when he has played CB.  Evans is a defender that can play in midfield.  Bielek is a midfielder that can play in defence, if needed.

Archived