Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

45 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Better than with 2 up top??. And as if you say "results away". I could ask you how many of the champions league winners play 2 and make a childish comment at the end aswell . 

Hate to break this to u ... we’re not competing in the champions league 

we are Derby county ... the year is 2019 

im all for one up top if we have players to execute it 

away performances so far suggest we really haven’t 

what have u seen to say otherwise ? 

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If it hadn't of been for the Bogle error, we would of come away with a deserves point and another positive performance under our belts.

Result will dictate some opinions here, and understandably so. But surely we can see how much we're improving?

Improvement seems to be coming along nicely in recent weeks, it's not unreasonable to suggest results will start following the same curve.

Hate losing, especially to Forest, but I enjoyed today's performance and thought we just needed to catch a break.

I'd be fairly confident we'll be above Forest come season's end, I just think Cocu's way of playing has a far higher ceiling than Lamouchi's, which looks Rowettesque at best.

I've been out all afternoon, visiting my new granddaughter and haven't read many of the posts. 

But, personally, I feel that we're turning the corner, the last 2 games have given me the belief that we can go forward now. 

Take away one moment of madness from Bogle and 3 poor finishes from Lawrence, Marriott and Martin, then we would be celebration a fine victory. 

They didn't create 1 chance inside the box, whereas those 3 were all set up to shoot the ball home with any kind of decent connection. 

I think by playing 2 different type of players up front means that defenders can't settle into 1 way of defending.

I think by adding Rooney to the equation, we will that extra bit of quality and anticipation added to our play. 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Even taking the goal out of the equation I thought he was poor defensively today, he was given the run around by Ameobi, stood off him too much and let him get his shots away too easily. 

Didn't get any help from Holmes though, and he wasn't that bad.

41 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Holmes - 6 gave the ball away lots esp 1st half, poor decision making

Every game 6 or less, awful distribution and decision making. If I was a professional footballer I’d hate to play with him, he’d drive me crazy. 

Two up front is a big improvement. It suits marriott. It suits martin. We weren't achieving anything with two holding players.

However cocu doesn't seem to be overly committed to any formation. 

A Rowettesque 4231 seems to be his favourite.

I thought we were the better side. We created more clear cut chances. On another day we'd have won that. We should have scored with what we created. 

I think were improving all the time. We was unfortunate that a mistake lead to their goal. Thats football it happens, we move on. 

Bogle could & maybe should have gone back to davies. 

Overreaction central.

I have seen a lot of Forest matches this season( the bonus of being married to a forest fan), most games they have looked the poorer team yet they are efficient and take what few chances they get and don't give too much away. More often despite what I saw, they got the result. Today was the same again.

The Lawrence chance early on was a great move, good save. Later on Marriott had 3 chances all in the box. And Martin had the air shot. If there were any players you wanted our chances to fall to, it would be those two.

As for Bogle, just seen an Arsenal player make almost the exact same mistake but not punished. Just an individual error in trying to do the right thing. 

We got battered by Brentford and Charlton and didn't look like doing anything. Improved against Hull, but this was easily our best away performance.

I thought it was a good match, best Forest match for ages. More signs of moving in the right direction.

Only thing I would have done was keep Bielik in midfield. Enjoyed that we ended up with all 3 strikers on the pitch!

As for Sky, not sure I watched the same match.

Relax folks we could easily have won away at the dogs today and away at Hull the other week we just need to put away those chances we are making ( the dogs only had a couple of half chance snap shots from Amoebi and of course the one we put on a plate) 

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't get any help from Holmes though, and he wasn't that bad.

Defensively one of his worst games in a Derby shirt for me, hardly remember him laying a glove on Ameobi. The back pass rounded off his day for me, think he looks very lazy defensively.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Defensively one of his worst games in a Derby shirt for me, hardly remember him laying a glove on Ameobi. The back pass rounded off his day for me, think he looks very lazy defensively.

I just watched the Sky 'highlights' see how much support Bogle gets from Holmes. Although Bogle didn't have his best game defensively I don't recall Ameobi scoring?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11858115/nottingham-forest-1-0-Derby

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I just watched the Sky 'highlights' see how much support Bogle gets from Holmes. Although Bogle didn't have his best game defensively I don't recall Ameobi scoring?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11858115/nottingham-forest-1-0-Derby

Holmes was our worst player today I thought, poor defensively and on the ball, not sure what has happened to him in recent weeks.

The only reason Ameobi didnt score was because Roos pulled off 2 good saves from him when he walked past Bogle with ease.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Holmes was our worst player today I thought, poor defensively and on the ball, not sure what has happened to him in recent weeks.

The only reason Ameobi didnt score was because Roos pulled off 2 good saves from him when he walked past Bogle with ease.

Perhaps your two statements are somewhat related.

Archived