Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

28 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

A good game of football. The result could have gone either way. I don't mind losing in that kind of manner, even against the red dogs. We tried to create some good chances, with better finishing from both strikers we'd have gone 2 up before Bogle made that awful mistake. Tom Lawrence was our best player, we need to keep him in that free role. To say Forest directing vile chants at him is an understatement, he was composed throughout and his play was positive. 

MOM was their goalkeeper, he was excellent. Best thing they've done is switch the goalkeeper's around. There's not much difference between us and them which is encouraging because I thought a few weeks ago Forest were way ahead, and I don't think they are.  

Lawrence didnt play in a free role, he reverted back to the left wing as far as I could tell. Still had a decent game though, was positive and direct.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slept on it twice, once wasnt sufficient enough for me to get over it,

Think we played well, was we the better team? Probably not, we was both evenly matched in our own ways.

The loss of Matt Clarke is frustrating as he was finally starting to get comfortable in the position, he seemed heartbroken when he had to come off, speedy recovery Matt!!

Tom Lawrence again showing why he should be at the club and also why he should play in that number 10 role, more freedom, more chances to get involved, great to see him getting stuck in, was fantastic again and was OUR motm.

Brice Samba is phenomenal, forest really struck gold with getting him in, never heard of him 'til he signed for them and he's only 25, crikey... He was the overall MOTM in the game, not Joe Worrall imo.

Duane Holmes probably needs a rest, he's not been up to his usual standards and as much as I love him to bits he needs to be firing on all cylinders quickly.

Thought Bielik was great again, getting stuck in and he's going to improve a lot more in that central midfield role, which brings me onto my next point.

George Evans in CB??? Or Andre Wisdom??? We have both ready to play and I think either one would be more beneficial to have at the back than Bielik, keep him in that midfield and put one of them in CB.

Jayden Bogle, unlucky, stuff like this happens and it helps you grow as a player, i.e. Keogh and his mistake at QPR helped him grow as a player (even though he was subject to being blamed for everything, lol)

Overall though it was a good performance, miles better than what we've seen away from home recently and we deserved a point from that.

Wait til next time, on home turf, #WR32 on the pitch, can't wait.

In Cocu we trust.

Onto Preston at home next, we will get a result I'm sure - optimism is key.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Think we played well, was we the better team? Probably not, we was both evenly matched in our own ways.

The loss of Matt Clarke is frustrating as he was finally starting to get comfortable in the position, he seemed heartbroken when he had to come off, speedy recovery Matt!!

Tom Lawrence again showing why he should be at the club and also why he should play in that number 10 role, more freedom, more chances to get involved, great to see him getting stuck in, was fantastic again and was OUR motm.

Brice Samba is phenomenal, forest really struck gold with getting him in, never heard of him 'til he signed for them and he's only 25, crikey... He was the overall MOTM in the game, not Joe Worrall imo.

Duane Holmes probably needs a rest, he's not been up to his usual standards and as much as I love him to bits he needs to be firing on all cylinders quickly.

Thought Bielik was great again, getting stuck in and he's going to improve a lot more in that central midfield role, which brings me onto my next point.

George Evans in CB??? Or Andre Wisdom??? We have both ready to play and I think either one would be more beneficial to have at the back than Bielik, keep him in that midfield and put one of them in CB.

Jayden Bogle, unlucky, stuff like this happens and it helps you grow as a player, i.e. Keogh and his mistake at QPR helped him grow as a player (even though he was subject to being blamed for everything, lol)

Overall though it was a good performance, miles better than what we've seen away from home recently and we deserved a point from that.

In Cocu we trust.

Agree with some of that. 

Have to say I thought it was a mistake not just putting Evans at CB. No need to move Bielik who had started the game really well in midfield. No real reason to move two players when one will do it.

I don't think we played as well as some are making out, nor as bad as others are. Did think we were the better team first half and should've been leading the game, but we basically did nothing second half. 

We are clearly a few players short. Only really Lawrence who can create anything in that team, and you turn to the bench and there's nothing to do that either. Pretty obvious this team not only needs centre backs and centre midfielders, but creativity and speed too.

10 hours ago, Squid said:

In Cocu we trust.

The  only thing i disagree with is regarding  Bogle mate hes young learning blah blah but he makes a lot of errors which cost us...look at last seasons winner for Forest at city ground ,Villas first at wembley, Charltons first this season and there are a few others...he is young and i agree should persevere with but he has to improve defensively as he's not great at that part of his game and will continue to cost us I'm afraid

I do think if we had put Evans into CB it would've been a better fit as then only one position would've changed rather than two, Bielik looked good in CDM and to be honest needs to stay there and start to boss games...great  post  btw

How forest fans are enjoying there football is beyond me they are ☄️only coz there winning games! They will die off give there manager this season coz there happy 10 games into next he will be sacked they will miss the playoffs! I think we are in a much better situation under cocu, in cocu i trust even if all the fan base dont! We will be the norwich next year disappointing season this season even tho i think we will be close to the playoffs but we storm the league next season if we keep cocu 

1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

How forest fans are enjoying there football is beyond me they are ☄️only coz there winning games! They will die off give there manager this season coz there happy 10 games into next he will be sacked they will miss the playoffs! I think we are in a much better situation under cocu, in cocu i trust even if all the fan base dont! We will be the norwich next year disappointing season this season even tho i think we will be close to the playoffs but we storm the league next season if we keep cocu 

Anyone enjoys winning, have to be some kind of holier than thou football turbononce to think you're above enjoying winning matches.

54 minutes ago, Srg said:

Anyone enjoys winning, have to be some kind of holier than thou football turbononce to think you're above enjoying winning matches.

We were winning matches under rowett and people were moaning about the football, theres a difference in winning and playing well! 

2 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

We were winning matches under rowett and people were moaning about the football, theres a difference in winning and playing well! 

We were also spoilt by having played good football more often than not in recent years, they haven't been. There's also always an expectation that results breed better performances. I know I'd rather be winning than losing and hoping it gets better.

13 minutes ago, Srg said:

We were also spoilt by having played good football more often than not in recent years, they haven't been. There's also always an expectation that results breed better performances. I know I'd rather be winning than losing and hoping it gets better.

I agree but everybody's making out they play like Barcelona only because they have that winning mentality doesnt make them a good side! Cocu will get us winning the proformances are coming now it wilnt be long till the results start coming! Look at the start of last season it took a while for lampard to get going and people was slaging him and and questioning him and look where we ended up! 

Archived