Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Squid

Forest (A) Match Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Squid said:

We won the last match, so I think i’m allowed to create the thread again???

Long may your reign continue.

This is the first time this season I've felt relatively confident in predicting the line up! 

                    Roos

Bogle   Clarke   Davies   Lowe

                     Bielik

    Duncan                  Shinnie

                 Lawrence

         Marriott      Martin

Picks itself really! If you put those players in those positions on football manager they'll all be bright green. Which is all you want really innit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Long may your reign continue.

This is the first time this season I've felt relatively confident in predicting the line up! 

                    Roos

Bogle   Clarke   Davies   Lowe

                     Bielik

    Duncan                  Shinnie

                 Lawrence

         Marriott      Martin

Picks itself really! If you put those players in those positions on football manager they'll all be bright green. Which is all you want really innit.

 

Does it? Bielik, Malone and Shinnie all seemed to pick up little knocks/strains, with two of them coming off as a result.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Correct!

Ive won a Reddog match day starter thread before, will you join the exclusive list too?

Good luck!

 

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'm on that list too, thanks to Lord Bendtner.

As am I, thanks to Marcus Olsson.

I followed it up with this in the Cardiff match day thread:

B3070051-9F8A-4DFB-A107-1FB627150814.jpeg.fa2a2a3b5338563b90b0f4f340226f44.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Does it? Bielik, Malone and Shinnie all seemed to pick up little knocks/strains, with two of them coming off as a result.

Well yeah obviously any line up is dependent on fitness. I'd say the only position without a nailed on first choice player is left back.

Very much hope Shinnie and Bielik are fit but there is cover available in Evans, Dowell and Knight. 

We've got a good team you know. I reckon we'll smash Forest and get promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Squid said:

We won the last match, so I think i’m allowed to create the thread again???

Anyway,

Forest

12:30pm KO

Saturday 9th Nov

 

Come on you ramssssssss

 

May your many tentacles forever continue to bring us good fortune.  

M and M leading the line again please, let’s take Saturdays desire, formation and invention in to the forest and cut down some trees. 
 

if Bielik is still sore then George can do the job in his place. Looked classy when he came on. Scott got battered on Saturday so if he’s struggling but we have the Max factor in the wings. Don’t care, whoever plays let’s pimp our ride and show them what we’ve got 
 

no fear lads .. come on Phil .. fortune favours the brave lets take the game to them. 

 

Edited by jono

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

As the clocks have gone back, I feel more confident of avenging the league Cup incident.

Think we'll set up more defensive than yesterday to begin with, probably introducing Marriott in the second half.

But have you changed the one in your car yet ? 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, jono said:

May your many tentacles forever continue to bring us good fortune.  

Sounds like the sort of greeting you get in The Hobbit. 

May your beards never grow thin!" Anorl that.

i'd prefer "May your testacles forever bring you good fortune".

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Long may your reign continue.

This is the first time this season I've felt relatively confident in predicting the line up! 

                    Roos

Bogle   Clarke   Davies   Lowe

                     Bielik

    Duncan                  Shinnie

                 Lawrence

         Marriott      Martin

Picks itself really! If you put those players in those positions on football manager they'll all be bright green. Which is all you want really innit.

 

But who is Duncan ? Are we saying Duane is a sort of later day Duncan Mackenzie ? If he’d laid that one off to Jack I’d have said yes. The run, the feet, the little twirl .. everything right, just tried a bit to hard, mind you I love our little pocket dynamo.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, jono said:

But who is Duncan ? Are we saying Duane is a sort of later day Duncan Mackenzie ? If he’d laid that one off to Jack I’d have said yes. The run, the feet, the little twirl .. everything right, just tried a bit to hard, mind you I love our little pocket dynamo.

Duncan Disorderly he fits right in.

Share this post


Link to post

Forest away - 2 teams going for promotion, 2 teams who are on the back of a good result and 2 teams who can be inconsistent.

Forest - They will fancy there chances. Our away form is dross and after the league cup game (despite the changes) they will feel hopeful to inflict more pain on Derby.

Derby - new formation and a new feeling around the place. Players played well and was the best 90 mins weve had all season. Away form needs to improve and fast! will Forest be a turning point.

Opinion - We have the players to win the game. If all players are fit play the same team and formation from Saturday. If we play the diamond we have a good chance of a decent result if we play 4-2-3-1 I can see us conceding the first goal and we all know what happens after that usually.

                           Roos

Bogle        Davies        Clarke      Malone

                           Bielik

          Holmes                   Shinnie

                         Lawrence

             Marriott             Martin

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, jono said:

May your many tentacles forever continue to bring us good fortune.  

My diminishing eyesight really didn't help when scan reading this sentence. I won't tell you what word I initially saw, but you definitely shouldn't have more than two of them! 

I'm just glad we've got some sort of settled side going into this game and we're going in off the back of a win. I don't like the thought of our lack of pace at the back, coupled with Grabban's style of play. I just think we need to game plan to isolate him as much as possible. Forest, as a team, are fairly predictable. They will look to stretch the game as much as possible, not necessarily with long balls but they will have their wide players close to the touchline and look to run us into the ground. They're not one for possession - we're top 4 for possession and they're bottom 4. I don't expect that to change on Saturday. The only worry is our away form, but I doubt that will come into play on Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Forest away - 2 teams going for promotion, 2 teams who are on the back of a good result and 2 teams who can be inconsistent.

Forest - They will fancy there chances. Our away form is dross and after the league cup game (despite the changes) they will feel hopeful to inflict more pain on Derby.

Derby - new formation and a new feeling around the place. Players played well and was the best 90 mins weve had all season. Away form needs to improve and fast! will Forest be a turning point.

Opinion - We have the players to win the game. If all players are fit play the same team and formation from Saturday. If we play the diamond we have a good chance of a decent result if we play 4-2-3-1 I can see us conceding the first goal and we all know what happens after that usually.

                           Roos

Bogle        Davies        Clarke      Malone

                           Bielik

          Holmes                   Shinnie

                         Lawrence

             Marriott             Martin

2 teams going for promotion? 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.