Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

Stupid team selection. Should have gome with at least 2 def midfielders against quality opposition like Forest.  Should have had Waghorn up front by himself, with Dowell playing off him. Cocu really doesn't know what he is doing.

(I don't really think this, but felt weird reading the posts beforehand without loads of moaning. Assume Cocu won't get any stick if we do lose as he's picked the team everyone wants)

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, good team selection that. Shows balls from Cocu to go at them from the off which is admirable. Pretty much exactly the lineup we all wanted to see, meaning were certain to get hammered 5-0?

As others have said mind, the personnel may appear right, but will the mentality be? Will they have the passion, the fight, the energy, the concentration and most importantly the baalocks? Because all of that will be vital today if we’re gonna get the points out of this one. They’ve gotta be more than the right players, they’ve gotta be the right players with the right mentality. A better mentality than most our away games so far is needed.

22 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Stupid team selection. Should have gome with at least 2 def midfielders against quality opposition like Forest.  Should have had Waghorn up front by himself, with Dowell playing off him. Cocu really doesn't know what he is doing.

(I don't really think this, but felt weird reading the posts beforehand without loads of moaning. Assume Cocu won't get any stick if we do lose as he's picked the team everyone wants)

If we lose expect lot's of people who were happy with the selection to volte-face and say they knew we should have mixed it up!

Bonus game here- expecting a loss

I really hope our lads dont try and piss around with it at the back in a high pressure game

Concede first and we could be on for a hiding

Get it to 0-0 after 60 minutes, and I feel like we actually have  a better bench than them

Robbie Savage was on my train yesterday, I called out when we got to Piccadilly, wanted to show him this and tell him he’d been driven by a fan of the greatest club on earth......but he blanked me in his white trainers and faded jeans. What a plonker 

BB872162-9845-492C-8CF3-7FEE176DD57D.jpeg

Like the selection, just need everyone to show the passion the occasion deserves.

If there is a negative for me, it is the balance of the bench.  Do we need Dowell, Paterson and Jozefzoon ? I confess to being a big fan of Knight, but surely he would provide more cover to the midfield.

Archived