Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, SKRam said:

I’ve rejigged my shift so I can get home for KO. Last time it was P-P it was the infrastructure (ice/snow) not the pitch at Pride Park if I recall. I’m more worried than many on here this is no go! If the fans can’t get there etc 

It'll be fine, river level has peaked and not much more rain forecast. Dry all day here.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Squid said:

From Barry Cooper - Nottingham Post

Right, to answer the one question on everybody’s lips regarding the weather...

As it stands now, the game is fine and will go ahead as planned. Yes, the River Trent levels are high but currently, nothing quite like what we’ve seen in Derby this morning. The Derwent there has burst its banks and parts of the Shire are under water.

The weather in Nottingham now is fine and dry and has been for much of the morning, so that can only be a good thing.

There’s no suggestion at this stage that the game is in any doubt. Naturally, that can change if West Bridgford suddenly suffers a remarkable weather event between now and 12:30pm tomorrow. The forecast for the rest of today, albeit cold, is dry and the same before kick-off tomorrow.

Rain is forecast tomorrow afternoon so the game might well be played out in rain, but as I say, for now there’s nothing too much to worry about.

Guess he knows the Derwent runs into the Trent and the peak will follow some hours later than it peaks in Derby.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

En route to Nottingham. Luckily, my mates from home picked this weekend and location for a night on the sauce. Spent an outrageous amount of money on my date last night, however, so it’s a sober one tomorrow.

Few crates of Dark Fruits and Netflix, I assume?

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

En route to Nottingham. Luckily, my mates from home picked this weekend and location for a night on the sauce. Spent an outrageous amount of money on my date last night, however, so it’s a sober one tomorrow.

Breaking news !

Reports of potential porcine aviation in the Notts area tomorrow

5 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Spent an outrageous amount of money on my date last night, however, so it’s a sober one tomorrow.

Go on admit it... she nicked your wallet whilst you were sleeping, din't she!  

……………………………………………………………….
image.png.25110d101d9976ac5203dadf24178c7b.png
May the fallen rest in peace.
May those that return, have the fortune to live in peace.

On 07/11/2019 at 11:49, David said:

Play water polo instead. This is what happens when you try and run a football club on a council allotment.

How many people are aware that the rules of Water Polo were devised in a pub in High St, Burton upon Trent? ?‍♀️ 

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

How many people are aware that the rules of Water Polo were devised in a pub in High St, Burton upon Trent? ?‍♀️ 

17?

... well... 18 now... obviously!  

... and Thanks!  ??

……………………………………………………………….
image.png.95831329bfb674725e29307bb48496bd.png
May the fallen rest in peace.
May those that return, have the fortune to live in peace.

It’s going to be a bit of a nightmare getting to Nottingham today. No trains or buses. There is only one road open to get my lads then parts of Derby are closed and it’s going to be difficult to get on to the A610 because Bridge foot at Belper is still closed and the A6 at the Hurt Arms is closed. If Pentagon Island is still closed and Little Eaton Island it’s a road closure nightmare.

Archived