Forest (A) Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Not too much rain forecast between now and kick off, but that does look pretty high, well over the steps. 

Still has to rise further as well.....

From Barry Cooper - Nottingham Post

Right, to answer the one question on everybody’s lips regarding the weather...

As it stands now, the game is fine and will go ahead as planned. Yes, the River Trent levels are high but currently, nothing quite like what we’ve seen in Derby this morning. The Derwent there has burst its banks and parts of the Shire are under water.

The weather in Nottingham now is fine and dry and has been for much of the morning, so that can only be a good thing.

There’s no suggestion at this stage that the game is in any doubt. Naturally, that can change if West Bridgford suddenly suffers a remarkable weather event between now and 12:30pm tomorrow. The forecast for the rest of today, albeit cold, is dry and the same before kick-off tomorrow.

Rain is forecast tomorrow afternoon so the game might well be played out in rain, but as I say, for now there’s nothing too much to worry about.

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

As it stands now, the game is fine and will go ahead as planned. Yes, the River Trent levels are high but currently, nothing quite like what we’ve seen in Derby this morning. The Derwent there has burst its banks and parts of the Shire are under water.

The weather in Nottingham now is fine and dry and has been for much of the morning, so that can only be a good thing.

There’s no suggestion at this stage that the game is in any doubt. Naturally, that can change if West Bridgford suddenly suffers a remarkable weather event between now and 12:30pm tomorrow. The forecast for the rest of today, albeit cold, is dry and the same before kick-off tomorrow.

Rain is forecast tomorrow afternoon so the game might well be played out in rain, but as I say, for now there’s nothing too much to worry about.

Yeah yeah yeah........but if the Derwent's burst then the team coach won't get out of Derby.......

#Putoffabeatingtillanotherday ?

Same team as Middlesbrough but with Lowe for Malone. 

Possible he could go for Evans over Holmes if feeling cautious. 

Holmes is more dynamic but does give the ball away more often which is never good when away, particularly where momentum is everything. 

Our bench is starting to look a bit stronger with injured players returning and hopefully it won't be too long before we see Forsyth back in the regular squad. 

Really looking forward to it. I don't share the pessimism of others. 

If you can't get up for this one then what's the point of being a Ram? 

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/11/phillip-cocu-addresses-the-press-ahead-of-east-midlands-Derby-clash

Listen from 12:30. Regardless of how you feel about the number of changes Cocu made in the league cup, I love his answer to the question on whether he'd do it again based on the fan uproar.

Is anybody else having probs with the interview not being there when open the page , no link to open it up and listen

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Not sure about that.flooded-football-pitch-at-buckingham-athletic-football-club-in-buckingham-D243G5_kindlephoto-205450891.thumb.jpg.584d77a1af53794d56d9534199fda701.jpg

And I know what you're thinking, that ain't the shitty ground it looks to modern but I can assure you that this photo is genuine.

7 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I’d love him to pretend he’s driving a car and crash into the corner flag in front of the A block

Bearing in mind the 'Keogh situation' ...that really would be in remarkably bad taste. 

However, him scoring, running to the Derby fans and kissing the badge... and saying after the game he knows he is a lucky boy and wants to repay the club for sticking by him... That I would love. 

I’ve rejigged my shift so I can get home for KO. Last time it was P-P it was the infrastructure (ice/snow) not the pitch at Pride Park if I recall. I’m more worried than many on here this is no go! If the fans can’t get there etc 

Well I think we are at peak weather about now in terms of down stream rain and river levels. All will be revealed tomorrow but the vibes sound good for the game.

Not because it’s THE Derby, not because it’s 3 points that we need but because a performance and a result here would lay so many ghosts and gremlins. I honestly feel if win tomorrow it will be huge for us at this moment. It’s more than one round of a twice a season bragging contest this time

Cocu winning a Derby, the fans onside, darker days and boozegate behind us, a run of results from effectively a new team with cement beginning to set.

my perfect day is a win. Any 2 of Lawrence, Marriott or Martin scoring, Bielik showing what I think he has and a strong showing from all the younger players.

and, if we only manage a point but do it right, then fair enough but the advantage in spirit if we do the business to tomorrow .. priceless 

COYR

Archived