Cocu’s taking us up...

DCFC27

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Papahet said:

Doing himself no favours.

I swear he’s benching Marriott for the banter now. Dowell hasn’t played in weeks and suddenly goes straight into the eleven huh? You have Wisdom who often gets overlooked for a really average loanee in Clarke - not impressed me since Huddersfield.

Why won’t he try Marriott and Martin? Made for one another but just can’t see it! It’s like Deeney and Vydra from a few years ago, let Martin do the donkey work and Marriott to feed off him. 

Whittaker coming on was random as hell, rate the lad but he’s nowhere near ready to be thrown in like that, is he trying to prove a point or what? Where’s Mason Bennett suddenly vanished to? Buchanan? Jozefzoon? The side isn’t settled one bit it’s rotating for the sake of rotating and then folk wonder why we can’t get a rhythm going.

I feel for MM because it’s happening again, stupidly long contract handed out and no sigh of improvement. January won’t be that great, who’ll want to come to a bottom half mid table side ?

Great post, is he bringing on Whittaker to keep his job as in playing youth? I rate him aswell but at 0-0 being the better side you clearly bring on Marriott or Waghorn first ....

16 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Just to reiterate, Lampard had three of the best players in the league. We have also lost Johnson, Bryson and Keogh. Do you honestly think Lampard could do better with this team? If he could, I would then also say he seriously underperformed with the talent at his disposal last year and we should now be in the prem.

Agree. This squad plus 2 England internationals, 3 if Wilson was English, only managed scraped into the playoffs last year. It also had Keogh, Bryson and Johnson who would arguably walk into this side. 

Thats how lacking this squad now is. 

Its probably at its lowest qualitywise since the Prem season. Even Clough had Hulse and Commons.

1 hour ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Agree. This squad plus 2 England internationals, 3 if Wilson was English, only managed scraped into the playoffs last year. It also had Keogh, Bryson and Johnson who would arguably walk into this side. 

Thats how lacking this squad now is. 

Its probably at its lowest qualitywise since the Prem season. Even Clough had Hulse and Commons.

Also Huddlestone is now missing, having been an ever present for Cocu. You can argue about whether he is past it or not, but we don't have anyone with his vision or range of passing now in midfield. 

55 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Also Huddlestone is now missing, having been an ever present for Cocu. You can argue about whether he is past it or not, but we don't have anyone with his vision or range of passing now in midfield. 

... and Carson!

3 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Great point, I forgot about him. Some players you only value there impact when they're gone.

On 25/10/2019 at 18:56, Birdyabroad said:

I actually agree.

I really think Cocu looks the part, in his suit on the touchline. I also like the way he doesn’t spend the game bellowing, like a Pulis, but instead has a few chosen commands for his players; I think he’s the best we’ve seen at this.

I also like the way his assistant manager is always flipping through a folder, I know he has pages of tactics in there and the way they are bringing through Rosenior, with his ear piece and very own tactics folder, is nothing short of class.

Every time I see Given on the bench, he also looks the part with his furrowed brow and I think this level of professionalism is filtering down, for example, I think the way the medical team run on and do that thing where they crouch on one knee and talk, via earpiece, to the bench is exemplary.

I personally think that, to look at, our coaching set-up is top half Premier league easily, maybe top 6 and I think Cocu is taking us there ?

Wow. Well, all I can say is that I hope so, but will wait and see, but I am not hop;eful. No progress, no improvement and generally no clue since season start..

23 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Probably depends who you heard it from.

A source in the club - maybe true

A mate of a mate who knows a guy down the pub who is the brother's fiance of the nephew of the IT guy at Moor Farm - maybe baalocks

@BaaLocks is the new Mackworth Ram level ITK????????????????????

"The worse manager I've worked with" - from an inside source who's been at the club for years (including the Pearson stint)

Not sure if he was talking about tactics, coaching ability, man management, deodorant, but I don't think he's liked very much inside the club.

13 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

"The worse manager I've worked with" - from an inside source who's been at the club for years (including the Pearson stint)

Not sure if he was talking about tactics, coaching ability, man management, deodorant, but I don't think he's liked very much inside the club.

It's that time of the year at Derby County where the rumours start. ?‍♂️

Archived