Cocu’s taking us up...

DCFC27

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion Cocu isn’t someone that can motivate average players to give 100% effort.

Fair enough if he has amazing players he can probably win games, but he doesn’t inspire me or by the looks the team either.

I think it was Chris Wilder who said something like a player has to give 100% effort as a bare minimum for him, it’s just expected. I don’t think our players give 100% effort in to every run/tackle etc. 

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I think Rooney will be demanding 100% effort. Hopefully the effort will be picked up in Jan.

I’d agree that if Rooney was in the team he would have 10 times more influence on the players than Cocu. 

Look  at us, this isnt Cocu's fault at all. He can only do the best with the players he has.

Where was the hate for lampard? Don't forget he had the likes of Tomori, Mount and Wilson. Put those players back in the side and we look immediately better.

We still need a clear out, new CB x2, new keeper for sure, if we want to play with wingers, we need some actual wingers! We will go nowhere with the quality we have. I see today's game and bar a few players I think everyone wants to play us. Work hard and watch the terrible shots from Lawrence go wide, he has talent no doubt but thinks he is Ronaldo.

Without the right players and all fit, we will continue to get playoffs at best. We have a very very average side bar a few players at best.

Setting our expectations too high right now is the problem. Imagine the second-coming disaster if we actually got promoted with this team?? I went to every game in that particular season.

10 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Look  at us, this isnt Cocu's fault at all. He can only do the best with the players he has.

Where was the hate for lampard? Don't forget he had the likes of Tomori, Mount and Wilson. Put those players back in the side and we look immediately better.

We still need a clear out, new CB x2, new keeper for sure, if we want to play with wingers, we need some actual wingers! We will go nowhere with the quality we have. I see today's game and bar a few players I think everyone wants to play us. Work hard and watch the terrible shots from Lawrence go wide, he has talent no doubt but thinks he is Ronaldo.

Without the right players and all fit, we will continue to get playoffs at best. We have a very very average side bar a few players at best.

Setting our expectations too high right now is the problem. Imagine the second-coming disaster if we actually got promoted with this team?? I went to every game in that particular season.

We had the opportunity to get loan players in this season but ended up with 2 very average players in Dowell and Clarke.

Roos, Malone, Bogle, Lawrence, Waghorn, Marriott, Holmes were all part of Lampards team last season, so are they now no longer good enough?

We got rid of Bryson and Johnson who everyone said were no longer good enough but played for Lampard.

We signed a £10m player, is he not good enough? 

I have no doubt that if Lampard was here this season we would be doing better than we are now. 

12 minutes ago, Mckram said:

We had the opportunity to get loan players in this season but ended up with 2 very average players in Dowell and Clarke.

Roos, Malone, Bogle, Lawrence, Waghorn, Marriott, Holmes were all part of Lampards team last season, so are they now no longer good enough?

We got rid of Bryson and Johnson who everyone said were no longer good enough but played for Lampard.

We signed a £10m player, is he not good enough? 

I have no doubt that if Lampard was here this season we would be doing better than we are now. 

I like your edit ? I feel he's good, certainly better than Huddlestone. Bar a few players as I said.

It's exactly what I am saying, Marriott has not been playing much so it's not fair to comment on him. Lawrence, Roos, Waghorn, Malone(just, I mean what do you really expect from a championship left back?). Are all not good enough and the key point - dont have that 100% work rate/desire. Especially Lawrence.

We were carried last year by a combination of Wilson, Mount and Tomori 

We are bang average. Add in Wilson, Mount and Tomori - likely we would have them or similar quality, you are right, if lampard was still here, we would be doing better.

21 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

We have more chance of getting relegated than finishing top 6

Look at our fixtures after boro....

You genuinely want us to get relegated don't you? You've not shut up about us getting relegated for weeks now. Jog on. We're not getting relegated.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You genuinely want us to get relegated don't you? You've not shut up about us getting relegated for weeks now. Jog on. We're not getting relegated.

Problem is huddesfield are now on a bit of a roll

Barnsley and stoke I can see going down.. problem is one other team has to join them...

Boro home a hugely winabble game, win that and its a big 3 points

As far as Im concerned forest, preston and fulham games are nailed on lossess

I can't see how today's performance can trigger people to use words like 'disgrace' or even call the football ugly

The first half had plenty of openings for us. Wasted by Lawrence greed or stopped by good defending. Fine margins kept us out. Hull created nothing themselves and only Derby and our unforced errors got Hull on the attack. I've never seen a Derby team make so many unforced errors. But we were the better team, controlling the game and creating openings

The second half our midfield shrunk. Bielik and Dowell might have done us more good if they stayed in. We just couldn't link the back line to the front line. Between Chris Martin and Curtis Davies was the entire city of Hull including a couple of lads in white shirts sent in as saboteurs. 

No disgrace or ugly football. Just not enough quality and Cocu just didn't make steps to fix anything. 

Not good but not quite doomsday based on today.

If anything the Wigan win set off more alarm bells. The opening 45 was better than any section of any of the Wigan game. 

10 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

I like your edit ? I feel he's good, certainly better than Huddlestone. Bar a few players as I said.

It's exactly what I am saying, Marriott has not been playing much so it's not fair to comment on him. Lawrence, Roos, Waghorn, Malone(just, I mean what do you really expect from a championship left back?). Are all not good enough and the key point - dont have that 100% work rate/desire. Especially Lawrence.

We were carried last year by a combination of Wilson, Mount and Tomori 

We are bang average. Add in Wilson, Mount and Tomori - likely we would have them or similar quality, you are right, if lampard was still here, we would be doing better.

Can’t forget a £10m player haha.

I think they are good enough for top 6 though.

At the minute I don’t think they’re fit enough, putting enough effort in and there’s no game plan.

I honestly couldn’t tell you what way Cocu is trying to play. 2 sitting midfielders  at home when teams come for a point, it’s just crazy in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Problem is huddesfield are now on a bit of a roll

Barnsley and stoke I can see going down.. problem is one other team has to join them...

Boro home a hugely winabble game, win that and its a big 3 points

As far as Im concerned forest, preston and fulham games are nailed on lossess

We aren't going down. We're far too good for that.

Archived